Realizing the American Dream: “Can You Put Your Name on It?”
I am so honored to have an author, speaker, and trainer, Brian Buffini, as my guest on the inaugural episode of the Live Inspired Podcast.
A few years ago I shared a stage with Brian at his event, The Success Tour, where we spoke to a stadium with thousands of real estate professionals.
Little did I know that that day I would meet my mentor and a dear, dear friend.
Brian’s direction has helped me to improve my speaking, business, faith, family life and led directly to me writing and releasing my bestselling book ON FIRE.
Brian is an expert in the real estate industry, but his vision applies well beyond and continues to inspire thousands of people each year. Today, you are among them!
1. My favorite takeaway from this episode is the lesson Brian learned from his grandpa: The rule of asking yourself after everything you do: “Can you put your name on it?” On your days. Activities. Business. Faith journey. Life. It’s a simple thing to remember and could profoundly impact your day!
3. Check out the Brian Buffini Show Podcast (John’s favorite episode is 11).
To close each interview in a special way, I created the LIVE INSPIRED 7 segment. This is a series of 7 questions, shared “rapid fire” and answered boldly (without prep!) by our guests. My hope is to leave you reflecting on our guest’s answers and YOUR answers… and excited to apply ideas from today’s show to help you live an inspired life.
Brian Buffini’s Live Inspired 7
1. What is the best book you ever read?
2. Tomorrow you discover your wealthy uncle shockingly dies at the age of 103; leaving you millions. What would you do?
Give it away. I don’t want anything from anyone.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
The question is 9 years to late for me! If I could have known, what I would have gotten: all the video tapes of my kids growing up. Those are the only things I miss.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
Jesus. Just one dinner, breaking bread with him would be great. But also Alexander the Great, Julius the Great, Winston Churchill, Ronald Raigan, Mother Teresa.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
Work more on yourself then you do on your job. You can double your income as fast as you double your self-esteem.
6. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself at age 20?
Trust God. Enjoy the journey. It’s going to be alright.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?
Loved God. Loved his family. Helped the people he came in contact with.