Stop Managing Life & Start LIVING Life
Today’s guest will help you to stop managing life and start LIVING it.
She is a bestselling author, blogger, mom, leader of the hands free revolution and my dear friend: Rachel Macy Stafford.
Every conversation I’ve had with Rachel is one of the most authentic conversations I’ve ever had – and today’s episode is no different. You’ll see yourself in Rachel’s struggles, triumphs and story and you’ll be inspired by her tools to live life to the fullest.
Friends, we are nearing the end of Live Inspired Podcast Season 1 and I absolutely saved Rachel to be one of the last for a reason. Today’s conversation is going to be an inflection point for you! My favorite takeaways from our time together:
- Stop managing life and start LIVING it.
- Set “distraction free” time every day.
- “Only love today.”
- Hands Free Living – [n.] leaving your phone and schedule to just be. Letting go of control and unrealistic standards.
- Redefine what success is for YOU. What do you want to measure your success by TODAY?
- When we see each others’ scars we love each other more.
- Pre-order Rachel’s new book (hits shelves March 2017) Only Love Today.
- Connect with Rachel & The Hands Free Revolution on Facebook.
The LIVE INSPIRED 7 segment is a series of 7 questions, shared “rapid fire” and answered boldly (without prep!) by our guests. My hope is to leave you reflecting on our guest’s answers and YOUR answers… and excited to apply ideas from today’s show to help you live an inspired life.
Rachel Macy Stafford’s Live Inspired 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
Life is a Verb. I would not be a writer today if I had not read it. She inspired me to take a leap of faith and put myself out there.
2. Tomorrow you discover your wealthy uncle shockingly dies at the age of 103; leaving you millions. What would you do?
My kids and I have been involved with Compassion International. I would like to do even more! Go over and visit them…sponsor 100’s of kids!
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
My friend gave me a framed watercolor sign that her daughters’ friend made for me because she said I was a “soul changer.” I’ve never had such a beautiful compliment. I would run in and grab that!
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
I would choose my Grandma Madonna. I really miss her. She and I spent so much time playing cards, watching game shows and she would write me letters. We had a really special connection. I would just love to sit and spend some time with her today.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
Don’t focus on numbers. Focus on lives touched.
6. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself at age 20?
Don’t believe that there is pressure coming at you from other people. That pressure is coming from you. It is not necessary. You can surrender. Just love and live.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?
She was love. She sounded like love. She looked like love. She spread love. And all that love made all the difference in the world.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, subscribe, rate and review this podcast on Apple Podcasts and anywhere you get your podcasts! You’ll be the first to know when a new episode is available AND you will help grow our LIVE INSPIRED Movement.
I can’t wait to see you here next Thursday! Until then, remember: Today is your day. Live Inspired.