10-Steps to Your Best Year Yet (Walk through John’s favorite plan with the author who created it)
Today my guest is one of my favorite authors: Jinny Ditzler. Almost a decade ago I read her book Your Best Year Yet and it changed my life.
At the time I was struggling in real estate development and had not yet cracked into my speaking business. A friend recommended this book and I read it on the front side of the new year.
Rather than quickly flipping through, I treated it as a workbook. I took notes, answered her questions and it resulted in a 1-page plan to attack the year. That plan led me to great success.
This year, I decided to walk through Jinny’s process again, this time with my team. We did so back in December and it was fantastic! So much so that we asked: How do we share this amazing, simple 10-Step process with the Live Inspired community?
Friends, today, I am thrilled to have Jinny on the show, literally walking each of us through this life-changing plan step by step. Can you believe that? We are lucky!
I am so touched that I get to share the gift of Jinny coaching us through how to make 2017 our best year yet.
Jinny will remind us of the “indestructible goodness and immense possibility” within each of us. [Tweet this.] | [Share on Facebook.] This podcast will set you up with a one-page plan to make 2017 your best year yet. Here we go!
“This will give you a clear way to “cut your way out of the fog” through concrete commitments.”
Here are my key takeaways:
- The premise of Jinny’s book Best Year Yet: You have the answers to achieve your success and well-being.
- Through the book, you’ll answer 10 questions that will result in you outlining how you’ll achieve your success this year.
- What did I accomplish last year?
- What were my biggest disappointments last year?
- What did I learn? (Uncover a motto for the new year, turning negatives to positives: Be grateful. Not ‘Don’t be ungrateful.’)
- How did I limit myself? How can I stop? What’s getting in the way? What are your limiting beliefs?
- What are your values?
- What roles do I play (no more than 8)?
- What role(s) is my major focus in the new year?
- What are my (specific, measurable) goals for each of my roles?
- What are my top 10 goals?
- How can I achieve my plan (my top 10 goals)?
- This process is not hard to follow and the plan is not hard to keep:
- You just need to have discipline, set monthly goals and keep score to make sure you are moving the needle.
- Get a life coach or an accountability partner to hold you accountable and talk about the progress you are making.
- Prefer to take the ‘Best Year Yet’ Course? Sign up here.
- Order Jinny’s Best Year Yet book here.
Jinny Ditzler’s Live Inspired 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
2. Tomorrow you discover your wealthy uncle shockingly dies at the age of 103; leaving you millions. What would you do?
I’d take care of myself and my family where we don’t feel fully cared for. Then I’d find people up to good and invest in them.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
Mom. She’s not with us anymore, but she was an angel.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
Where there is a will there is a way.
6. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself at age 20?
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?
She cared deeply about others and committed her life to show them how to use the best that’s in them.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, subscribe, rate and review this podcast on iTunes and anywhere you get your podcasts! You’ll be the first to know when a new episode is available AND you will help grow our LIVE INSPIRED Movement.
I can’t wait to see you here next Thursday! Until then, remember: Today is your day. Live Inspired.