“Today we’re going to talk about the power of one. One individual. One action. One impact.”
The truth that one person can absolutely change the word is one I learned from my burn team when I was in the hospital. Today I am going to share one specific example of this truth. After being burned on 100% of my body, I wasn’t expected to survive much less walk. But, Roy taught me to do exactly that; walk and SO much more.
On today’s episode, I share the story of Nurse Roy; a story I used to share from the stage but don’t often get the chance to today. It’s amazing and I am certain it will help you to see even more clearly the impact you are having in the lives of others everyday.
- Forget fear, let’s talk about love. Love is the starting point.
- Realize that your life matters.
- “When you know your why, you can endure any how.” From Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
- Instead of listening in fear, tune in with love.
- If you do your job, no matter what it is, with purpose and passion: You’ll do something bigger than yourself; touch more lives than you could ever know.
- What wires are holding you down today? Who helped you get released from wires holding you down in the past? Have you let him / her know?
- Who are you walking with today?
- Your best days are in front of you.
- In spite of difficulty, you have incredible opportunities in front of you.
- See John’s surprise reunion with nurse roy here. (Photo below.)
If you enjoyed today’s episode: Subscribe (automatically get new episodes), rate & review (help spread the word!) this podcast anywhere you get your podcasts.
I can’t wait to see you here next Thursday! Today is your day. Live Inspired.
Thanks for being here. Thanks for being part of the movement to live inspired and touch lives along the way. If you ever have questions or ideas – please share them at firstname.lastname@example.org.