Jonathan Cain of the hit band JOURNEY celebrates our 100th Episode and his new book Don’t Stop Believin’
Jonathan Cain is the keyboardist + songwriter for one of the most popular American rock bands of all time: JOURNEY. He shares about his life, his inspiration behind the song song Don’t Stop Believin’ and so much more. Stay until the end, Jonathan will play a mini-live concert for you!
This is our 100th episode, my friends, and it is an all-out celebration! Look for all of the special features in the show notes below.
100th EPISODE SHOW NOTES
- Enjoy Live Inspired Podcast? Then you’ll LOVE joining John for live inspiration via webcast as a member of his Live Inspired IN STUDIO membership community. Registration rarely opens; it’s open NOW! For 2 days only. Register here.
- Please take our 100th Episode Survey + be entered to win a package of autographed goodies from past guests! We want to know what you love, what you don’t + what guests you’d like to see on the next 100. Thanks for listening + for sharing your thoughts!
- This episode was recorded via Facebook Live. Watch the video here. (Stay until the end to see Jonathan play LIVE!)
JONATHAN CAIN SHOW NOTES
- Order a copy of Jonathan’s book Don’t Stop Believin’ here.
- This article shares about the fire at Our Lady of Angels School that changed Jonathan’s life.
- If you get down on yourself and bitter, it’s better to move away and get space. – Jonathan Cain
- Hear how a conversation with his dad helped Jonathan pen the lyrics to Don’t Stop Believin’.
- “I just smile. If you write something like that, you did something pretty good.” Jonathan about playing his hit Don’t Stop Believin’.
- See the video of JOURNEY meeting Kenny, the fan whose “Make A Wish” was to meet them.
- What would you say to listeners who are struggling today? “There is a blessing beyond all of this struggle. Keep hope and let the Lord take you where you’re supposed to go. Get yourself out of the way.”
If you enjoyed hearing about the person behind music you love, check out Ep. #60 with Matt Maher, the wildly popular contemporary Christian musician, or Ep. #23 with Brian Vander Ark of the band Verve Pipe with 90’s hit Freshman.
JONATHAN CAIN’S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? The Power of Now by Eckhart Toehl. It took me awhile to get into, but it changed my life. I woke up the next morning looking at the world differently.
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? Hopeful. I was very hopeful.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? My computer with my lyrics on it.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? Abraham Lincoln. I’d ask him ‘How do you write like that?’ His wisdom and words resonate so strong.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? Pay attention. Stay in the moment. I’ve seen a lot of people having a conversation that aren’t in the conversation. My father would say, ‘Are you really connecting with everyone you meet?’ There is probably some wisdom you need to take. People don’t meet by accident but for a reason.
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? You are not always who they say you are. You are uniquely unique, so don’t be afraid.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? Never stop believin’ in who you are. You are uniquely you.
If you enjoyed today’s episode: Subscribe, rate & review wherever you get your podcasts. See you here next Thursday!
If you like this podcast, you will love Live Inspired IN STUDIO. It’s my membership community where like-minded friends join me via live webcast to live inspired together. Registration is OPEN NOW for two days only. Don’t miss it. Register today.