Tonya Dalton of inkWELL Press Shares 3 Ways to Do Less and Produce More on the Live Inspired Podcast
Tonya Dalton’s company InkWELL Press empowers you, through productivity, to live your best life.
My friend, today, everybody’s favorite 4-letter word is “busy.” But ask yourself: What’s really important? Are you making time for it? Tonya will show us how to do more with less at work and at home. And most importantly: Forget “busy” and + get ready for space to do what you truly love.
TONYA DALTON SHOW NOTES
- Get the first chapters of John’s #1 National Bestselling book ON FIRE for free here.
- Hear Tonya Dalton interview John on her Productivity Paradox Podcast here.
- Productivity is not “doing more” it’s “doing what’s important.”
- We’re so busy we feel like discovery is a luxury. But discovering what our passions are + what brings us joy is important.
- Our lives should be at the center; systems should work around them. Discover what is important + create a productivity system that works for you.
- Check out InkWELL Press courses, trainings and podcasts to help facilitate the best life you could possibly have, here.
- We think in order to grow we have to add, but often if we cut, it allows us space to create what is truly amazing and important.
- We often confuse urgent with important. What’s important? Things tied to vision, mission, goals; things essential to you.
- We cram our days so full! We don’t realize we’re choosing that life for ourselves. You choose how to fill your day. Stop and ask: Is this what I want to do? How I want to spend my time?
- Relationships are built on conversations. Make time for them. It feels unschedule-able, but in our heart it’s most important.
- Life ebbs and flows. There will be times when happiness is a really hard choice to make. Remember, lightness always comes after the dark.
- Take a good look at your life + where you spend your time. Identify where you spend time mindlessly (likely in between activities). Recoup that time to end your day happier.
If you enjoyed our discussion about “productivity” with Tonya Dalton of inkWELL Press, check out ep. #5 with Rory Vaden to explore “discipline.”
TONYA DALTON’S Live Inspired 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? Jane Eyre. I read it every year. It brings me back to my English studies roots and love of writing.
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? I see it in my daughter! That feeling of self confidence. You just don’t care what anyone else thinks. I hope to foster that into her even in adulthood.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? I love this! It boils down to priorities and that is what I talk about all the time. I have some pictures from my wedding and when my kids were born. Those are really important to me.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? The conversations my husband and I have keep getting better and better (we’ve been together for 20 years). If I could spend the whole day with one person, I would pick him.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? Be yourself. Be true to who you are and never lose sight of it. Hold fast to what is important to you, morals, values, ethics. I couldn’t do a project that I wasn’t 100% proud of. I love going to bed at night feeling proud of what I do.
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? It gets better. You think in your 20s that life is great, and it just keeps getting better and better! Because the longer you are with yourself, the better you get to know yourself and the more time you take to really delve into who you are, the more in love you can fall.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? She taught people to live with priority all while keeping her own at the center.
If you enjoyed today’s episode: Subscribe, rate & review on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts. See you here next Thursday!
Get a John’s #1 National Best-selling book ON FIRE here (use code podcast at checkout for 15% off).