John O’Leary welcomes entrepreneur, speaker and author Molly Fletcher to the Live Inspired Podcast for an inspiring + optimistic conversation.
Molly Fletcher negotiated over $500 million in contracts + represented 100s of professional sports biggest stars before changing careers to have an even bigger impact on the lives of more people.
Molly’s passion to better serve and love others will absolutely inspire you. Her energy, business acumen, relationship brilliance + unwavering optimism will propel you to live your life more ON FIRE today than ever before.
I can’t wait to introduce you to my newest friend, entrepreneur, speaker and author, Molly Fletcher.
Subscribe & listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, iHeartRadio or listen here:
- “I lived in this apartment complex for free for nine years. It became the model I used when recruiting athletes”
- “Say yes, lean in and outwork everyone around me”: Working at Super Bowl Host committee office created an opportunity to create connections with sports leaders in Atlanta.
- Grew her client list by over-delivering to her athletes, connecting authentically with prospects, and serving them in a way that was different than others.
- At one time, Molly represented nearly 300 athletes + coaches in various sports.
- “Everyone else is taken. I’m going to be me and see if being myself works.”
- “Reframe those moments as gifts. As gifts that you’re different, as an opportunity to serve whomever you serve in a way that is different than those you ‘compete’ with.”
- In her 20 years of sports management, Molly learned from her athletes to:
- Embrace speedbumps and lean into the hiccups.
- Relationships matter most in business.
- “I don’t want to go to my grave knowing I negotiated a billion dollar contract. I want to go to my grave knowing that I changed lives in a positive way.”
- Thread every decision through your purpose. Clarity creates the platform in which to know what to say yes to and no to. The byproduct becomes the ability to live your purpose and living a life consistent with our values.
- Create structure or systems and the discipline to live by them to help manage your life.
- “My mission in life to inspire lead and connect with courage and optimize.”
- When speaking, Molly’s gives her audience the tools to leave the room a better person through a 5-step process to shift behavior in the absence of crisis.
- Learn more about Molly Fletcher on her website.
Molly Fletcher started her career as one of the first female sports agents. Tune into the sports personalities and athletes I’ve welcomed to the Live Inspired Podcast here!
MOLLY FLETCHER’S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? The unharnessed, belly-laughing, go-for-it attitude.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? Pictures and photo albums.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? My parents, sitting in northern Michigan
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? My mom told me, “you can have it all but you just can’t have it all at once.”
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? Keep leaning in; keep leaning in fearless; go for it; ‘no’ is just another form of feedback.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? That she led and inspired others with courage and optimism.
Did you enjoy today’s episode? Subscribe, rate + review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts!