Little People, Big World star Amy Roloff joins John O’Leary to share about pioneering her own version of acceptance, beauty + perfection on the Live Inspired Podcast.
For over a decade, Amy Roloff has welcomed millions of viewers to her sprawling 100-acre Oregon farm on TLC’s hit reality television show Little People, Big World.
Today, Amy shares about growing up with achondroplasia dwarfism, how she learned to accept + love herself and how she’s embracing her “second act” after raising four children.
This genuine and heartfelt conversation is for you if you want to hear about honoring your own version of perfection.
Subscribe & listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, iHeartRadio or listen here:
- Amy refused to go to school in fear that others would ridicule her for her dwarfism. Her dad recognized that others may be inconsiderate of her differences but reminded her she had the power to accept + embrace her differences.
- In first grade, Amy refused to engage with a boy that was taunting her and leading her to believe she wasn’t good enough.
- Amy’s positive outlook is contagious: “I can get through this day because tomorrow may be different.”
- Motherhood encouraged Amy to release her inhibitions. Amy’s has four children: twins Jeremy + Zach, Molly and Jacob. Zach has the same type of dwarfism as Amy.
- Little People, Big World:
- Amy was hesitant to partake in reality television fearing it would make her vulnerable to public scrutiny.
- She chose to embrace the platform to reveal how relatable her family is, despite their differences.
- Watch TLC’s Little People Big World here.
- Get Amy Roloff’s new book A Little Me here.
Thank you to our Live Inspired community member + friend Jeff B. for recommending Amy Roloff as a guest for the Live Inspired Podcast. Share your guest recommendations with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, you’ll love hearing how Live Inspired Podcast guest Lizzie Velasquez embraced her differences + is inspiring kindness across the globe. Listen to ep. 71 here.
AMY ROLOFF’S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? A Little Me by Amy Roloff.
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? I tried different things. Now that my kids are adults, I am getting better at saying “yes” to different things.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? Whatever photo albums I could get. Those are priceless.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? One of the disciples, maybe even Paul, and learn to embrace disagreements with others.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? Find something within yourself that allows you to believe in yourself, instead of looking to others for acceptance.
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? Why did you waste so much time worrying about what other people thought? You missed out on a lot.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? Amy lived an honest, real, compassionate and loving life.
Did you enjoy today’s episode? Subscribe, rate + review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts!