John O’Leary welcomes Kelly Noonan Gores, author + director of Heal, to the Live Inspired Podcast with tips to make strides in your personal wellness journey.
Have you ever thought about how much your thoughts, beliefs, and emotions influence your days, health and ability to heal?
From years spent studying cutting edge science, ancient medicine, and spiritual practices, Kelly Noonan Gores has discovered that we have far more control over our well-being, health + life than we tend to believe. Her documentary Heal, streaming on Netflix, was so popular, it was recently turned into a book.
Today, Kelly joins us to share how to choose love over fear + gives concrete tips on how to make strides in your personal wellness journey.
Subscribe & listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, iHeartRadio or listen here:
- The teachings of Bruce Lipton, Deepak Chopra, Marianne Williamson, among others inspired Kelly to create the documentary and book Heal.
- While dealing with depression in college, Kelly was given Marianne Willamson’s book A Return to Love which guided her in finding a grounding force.
- Fear + love: Kelly sees fear every day but has spiritual practices to avoid being taken over by fear.
- “You do not have to be a victim to your genes.”
- Epigenetics: Our DNA is a blueprint and our lifestyle choices are the triggers that turn on or off our genes.
- Chemical, emotional + physical stress has an incredible impact on our health.
- Kelly reduces stress in her life by practicing meditation, earthing/grounding, and gratitude.
- Placebo Effect: when we have a belief or expectation that something is going to help us 50-75% is has a positive effect.
- Grammy-winning singer John Legend performed All of Me at her wedding.
- Watch Kelly Noonan Gores’ documentary Heal on Netflix.
- Get Kelly Noonan Gores’ book Heal: Discover Your Unlimited Potential and Awaken the Powerful Healer Within here.
If you enjoyed hearing about how your environment can have an effect on your health, you’ll love my conversation with Dr. Kelli Harding. Kelli shares her groundbreaking research + the importance of treating others with kindness on ep. 180.
KELLY NOONAN GORES’ LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? I was sassy + witty. I still have a quick wit but I’ve toned down the sass.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? Old photo albums from the 1970s + 1980s.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? Jesus and I’d ask him, “please tell me everything. Can you tell me everything?”
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? Remembering that the universe, or God, has your back.
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? Anything is possible and follow your heart. In every oak tree, there is an acorn.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? She took the leap, she was terrified on the way down, but she had a lot of fun along the way.
Did you enjoy today’s episode? Subscribe, rate + review on Apple Podcasts!