[Haven’t taken the IN AWE 21-Day Challenge? Join here.]

Welcome to Day 1 of the IN AWE 21-Day Challenge! Today, we spark inspiration, meaning and joy by cultivating GRATITUDE:

Market downturns. Disease spreading. Increasing anxiety. Loss of hope. These are some of the realities many of us are dealing with today. And so it is important to pause and remember, whatever we choose to focus on tends to grow.

We are all familiar with the idea that those who focus daily on what they’re grateful for (through journaling, reflection, prayer) have a deeper sense of meaning and joy in their life. Today, let’s take it a step further.

CHALLENGE: Identify your greatest struggle or adversity today. Then, list five things that you are grateful for because of that adversity.

INSPIRATION: Need more time to reflect? Read my essay The 5 Surprising Gifts of Struggle here.

ACTION: Share your list in the comments below or on social media, tagging me + using #inawe. Each day from now until publication (5/5), I’ll randomly pick one person who does to win a copy of IN AWE to gift to a neighbor, favorite barista or as a random act of kindness (because you’ve already preordered copies for yourself, friends + family, right? :).

My friend, today is your day!  Live IN AWE.

Did you know? The 21-Day IN AWE Challenge is inspired by John’s forthcoming book IN AWE. Preorder your copy + follow all the fun behind the scenes at ReadInAwe.com.

• Sue

My greatest challenge is that I drink too much. I am grateful that no matter how miserable I feel when I get in bed after a drinking binge, that God gives me another day. That I wake up in the morning to spend another day with my beautiful daughters and husband. I am grateful that I have a struggle to share with my younger daughter who is very overweight and struggles with food, exercise and dieting. I am grateful that my father who was a horrible alcoholic has stopped drinking., it gives me hope that I can too. I am grateful for the days that I can have just 1 glass of wine and leave the rest for another day. I am grateful that I realize that I have a problem. I know that is the first step toward recovery.

• Patty Schmidt

I’m a day behind by my biggest struggle is not seeing all the students and staff everyday. This has been harder than anyone could imagine as we all worry about each and every student. Here are my 5 things I’m grateful for: 1. My job – I may not always be extremely happy on those really tough days but I am so grateful I do what I do. 2. Awesome parents – I work in a community where they truly support the school and do enjoy the small towns I work with. 3. I get to take my kids to work each day as they are in the district I work in. What’s better than that!! 4. I work with amazing staff who are doing extraordinary things during this time of uncertainty. 5. I get to celebrate everyday with students and staff who meet their WIGS!! What a great job!

• Tricia

My biggest struggle is learning to cope with this new “normal” of staying home and being more isolated (physically) from others. Learning how to make today different from yesterday! But here are 5 things I can be grateful for because of it:
    Time to spend with family and friends I wouldn’t normally

Time to be vulnerable and scared with others all at the same time

Bonding with my neighbors and community

Greater appreciation for my home, finances and my health

Opportunity to really put my trust in God and our country

• Joyce

My biggest challenge as one of the high risk people in the news is staying hunkered down safely during the corona crisis. I was diagnosed with a rare autoimmune disease (NAM) a little over a year ago and spent many months of 2019 fighting a body that was aggressively attacking my muscles. Thenkfully due to God’s grace, fabulous doctors and therapists, I am now much improved and learning how to manage with this ongoing disease for the rest of my life.
    My list of gifts is more than 5. Here are a few. My family has learned alongside me how to protect health of the autoimmune and vulnerable. I have met so many others with challenging autoimmune diseases and am grateful to interact with them on Facebook groups. Daily I am reminded of the blessings I have and choose positivity over feeling defeated. Many priorities have been challenged and reordered.
    btw John”s books,and others were by my bed during my lengthy recovery. Great inspiration and encouragement. Michelle Cushatt episode 132 podcast is still my favorite. #INAWE

• Barbara Whitehead

My greatest struggle today, and for the last 15 years, has been watching my mother die…slowly, ever so slowly. She was diagnosed just before she turned 50 with a probably diagnosis of Lewy Body Dementia with Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s. Simply stated, they think she has the trifecta of dementia-related diseases.

Today, she sits in bed or is transferred to a large wheelchair using a crane-like device for a few hours each day. Her weight is somewhere near 80 pounds and while she looks exactly like my mother, the woman I spent my entire life emulating is gone. She cannot speak, she cannot move, she cannot hold herself up or follow directions to open her mouth. She can mostly chew and swallow and struggles with this most days.

If she was my cat, this would be an easy choice to make. But, she’s my mom. So, I continue to talk to her, tell her jokes she loves, play music for her, brush her hair, color her hair with help from my dad, and tell her I love her a million times or more. We don’t know how long she has. Ten years in Hospice care!!! Ten freaking years! She lives at home with Dad, just a mile from me and I see her nearly every day. Every day, it breaks my heart to leave her. Every day, I cry for what might have been, should have been.

My challenge is not balancing my work life with her care of caring for my husband who isn’t in great health. My challenge is not hating my sisters that live out of town that only visit once each year or less and are zero help when they are home. My challenge is not calling them screaming when I’m spending another Sunday cleaning up poop and trimming nostril hair and cleaning out her ears while they’re posting pictures of “family day” at the zoo or pool.

But, I am grateful.

I am grateful that I look EXACTLY like my mother when she was my age. Same eyes, hair, face, skin tone, absolutely identical hands. So much so that it sometimes scares her friends because they look at me, see her and are confused.

I am grateful for every day I see her and can tell her in person that she’s my hero and I’m so lucky to be her (favorite) daughter.

I’m grateful for 16 years of Catholic school (Go Billikens) that instilled in me a strong sense of faith, knowing that God’s plan and timeline are perfect and that only in His timing, will He call her Home.

I’m grateful that after 54 years of marriage, my father remains as in love with her today as the day they married as teenagers.

I am grateful that the one sister that lives near by, but whom I have the least in coming with, gets it. When others are judging, criticizing and going on about a situation they know nothing about on a family call, she’ll privately text me, saying “F them. They’re not in the weeds with us.” And she’s right- unless you’re doing the work, you can’t possibly understand the toll it takes.

Eventually, mom will die and they’ll all come home wailing about how they wished they had more time. I don’t wish for that….ive used every second God gave me with her to make sure she knows I’m there to help. When all is said and done, I only want that my mother can tell God that she is proud of me…that I’m her kid.

• Amy

My greatest struggle is not knowing when or if we get to go back to school this year. As a teacher it makes me sad, as I’ve made connections with each of my students. I’m grateful that I actually taught them to share 5 things they are grateful for each week (hopeful they keep this up), I’m grateful we have technology to communicate, I’m grateful the isolation means that more people will stay healthy, I’m grateful this time away means more time with my family, & I’m grateful that all of this has seemed to bring our community together even if we are apart.

• Jen

Five things in am grateful for because of this crazy quarantine situation: 1) My college daughter is home, for the rest of the semester, distance learning, so we are together spending time we wouldn’t have otherwise had. 2) I am able to ride it out in warm and sunny Florida. 3) My Alabama house is able to be on the market sooner and is getting showings. 4) I am in the same house as my husband when that wasn’t planned 5) I’m able to spend more time helping my mom move into her new FL home.

• Sue

The greatest challenge I’ve experienced is the loss of my parents – my dad 22 years ago who if he was still alive would be turning 91 today and my dear mother who has been gone for almost 16 years. They were truly a gift from God and I am truly blessed with wonderful memories, lifelong lessons and a love they had for me and my sisters that I can feel ever so strongly to this day.

As devastating and heartbreaking as the loss of my parents has been, there have been blessings and gifts that have come from it and from just having them in my life.

Although, at first I found myself angry with God for having taken them away from me, the faith they instilled in me also made me realize that it was God who had so generously and in all His mercy given them to me in the first place.
    Overall, my faith has been strengthened.

There are very few times that I become overwhelmed or extremely stressed as long as I know that my loved ones are safe and healthy. I really don’t sweat the small stuff.

My relationship with my family and my sisters especially has grown and is extremely important. I hope to pass that on to my children.

I understand more fully what a gift life is.

I hear my parents voices, see their expressions and feel their love in my interactions with my own children.

• Deb

#inawe
    March 20, 2020
    My greatest challenge is the unknown of this time of social distancing. When will it be safe for us to see our loved ones again?
    I am still grateful for my FAITH, that I still have a job to go back to when schools open again, I have a warm home, food in my fridge/ cupboard and that I have two furry kids to keep me company.
    Thank you for your inspiration John.

• Shawn

Being a wife, mother, co-worker I try to be the “glass is half full”,
    “silver lining”, “it’s going to be ok” lady; the trouble with that is that I try so hard to take care of everyone else’s well-being that I tend to forget my own.. so my greatest struggle is remembering to put on my own oxygen mask before helping others. However, because of this “attribute”, though my family doesn’t always see it that way.. (mom, you aren’t going to change the way I feel, so just let me feel it) the blessings I receive from it is:
    Empathy – being able to feel what others are going through.
    Humility – I can’t always fix things – sometimes they just need to go through it
    Silence – don’t speak – just listen
    Well-being – when we encourage others that “it is going to be ok”, we inadvertently help ourselves. Our mood can brighten and sometimes we actually believe what we are saying!
    Community – though at times it can be overwhelming, I truly appreciate when my family, friends and co-workers feel that they can come to me for words of encouragement, that shoulder to cry/lean on and ultimately the feeling of love you receive from them.

• Janet Reifsteck

My biggest challenge is fighting a health issue that often limits my ability to do things I’d like to do and has forced me to socially isolate when I don’t want to. It can be difficult when you outwardly look fine but being around others can be dangerous to your system or your body is in extreme pain and you don’t show it. So, I’ve been dealing with this for several years but in the past 4 years we moved and two of my 3 children are growing up and starting to move out. All big changes for someone who has been a stay at home mom and can’t really resume a career because of health stuff. It gets kind of lonely. But I have found during this time a much greater appreciation for the time I do get to spend with friends and family. I really try to listen to what they are saying and their concerns are and if I can help out in some way I do, if I can do nothing else I pray for them. I’ve found a few hobbies I really enjoy. I’ve gotten to spend really great quality time with my immediate family and know they are well grounded in their faith and to each other. It has allowed me time to strengthen my relationship with my spouse. I think I have a strong faith although I know my prayers are better at some times than others. I have been able to spend invaluable time helping to care for my beautiful mother who is struggling with the horrible disease of dementia. I’ve learned a great deal of patience, understanding and acceptance. I’ve been blessed far more than I deserve with my children and husband and if this is my cross I am asked to carry every day it is fine by me. Every day is a gift and there is joy in it, sometimes in big things and sometimes in the littlest of things, you just have to slow down and be aware.

• DSK

My challenges:
      1. Living in an ever changing and frightening world when all I crave is sameness and predictability.

Why I’m grateful:
      1. Challenge brings about change.
      2. Allows me to see a new perspective and appreciate what I have even more.
      3. Prompts me to discuss the situation with my three teens about what is important and why.
      4. Forces me to look at our global connectedness and world economy.
      5. Allows me to feel grateful that my family will be able to manage this financially.

• Lori

I am struggling most with fear/uncertainty right now. My mom is at higher risk because of her age; my husband works in the medical field and travels for his job. I have found myself worrying (“What if one of them gets COVID-19? What if they need help and I can’t do anything because I’m not there?”) even when I don’t want to, and when I know we are told not to in Matthew 6:25-34. So, five things I am grateful for because of this are: (1) My mom is OK. We have family who live close to her and will be there if she needs something before I could get there. (2) My husband is OK. His circumstances are challenging, but he is not new at this and he will navigate safely. (3) I have friends and family who will pray with me and for me about my fears. (4) We serve a MIGHTY God who will ALWAYS watch over us and work all things for good (Romans 8:28). (5) When I feel anxiety about this, I am trying to redirect it in positive ways; in particular, I am trying to make a point of letting people know that I appreciate them. Everyone is scared as we watch this unfold – hopefully sharing some kindness and gratitude will help us all want to be there for each other. (John – thanks for this challenge as a way to focus on the positive and stand in awe!)

• BJ Fuhrmann

My struggle, today, is transitioning to a new job. I am grateful that

1) I am able to re-focus on my daily time with God
    2) I was laid off in early December so was home while my mom spent 10 days in the hospital
    3) I have been able to connect or re-connect with awesome people
    4) We were shown that we can comfortably live on one salary. The second one is not a requirement. This means that we can proceed with my husband’s retirement once I am re-employed.
    5) I have the time to participate in this kind of forum

#inawe

• Tulipfan

My biggest struggle is working through a life change in separating from my husband not knowing how financially I will make it on my own. I’m grateful that I have a good job and a steady income, for support from my friends and family, for support to grow myself as an individual and move myself forward and for access to resources that will help me heal.

• Cheryl Thompson

My greatest challenge right now is to be as patient with a family member with mental health issues as I am with everyone else. I put less effort into listening to her than I do with complete strangers or acquaintances. Because of this adversity, I appreciate my imperfectly perfect life not impacted by manic depression. I am thankful for the lessons I’ve learned in becoming a better listener. I treasure the good days and try to focus on the positives. I forgive more easily and realize it’s not the person but the illness. I look forward to the next good day.

• Bobbi

I’m concentrating on the very immediate and small today. My biggest struggle *today* is with focusing on what needs to be done. I’m on day 1 of eLearning from home for my two teenage girls and staring down the barrel of an unknown amount of time being with them while my own business suffers. I’m a single mom and the challenge is *a big one* So today I am grateful that 1. even as distracting as they are, I love that my kids WANT to hang out with me, *want* to share funny memes and TikToks and all of that with me. Most teenage girls want as much distance from their mom as possible and I’m grateful thats not who I am raising. 2. I’m grateful that my business IS busy enough that I have work to do. 3. I’m grateful for my job time flexibility. 4. I’m grateful that I live in a community that provides resources so that my girls CAN eLearn and not just lay around. Them laying around is easier for me, less distracting but doesn’t serve them well and 5. And really, I’m grateful that the energy in my house is so delicious that it is distracting. We have funny pets and a fun environment and I think that as distracting as it is? its pretty cool that we like one another.

• Deanna

Acceptance
    During a recent struggle…one might describe it as shedding a layer of skin and regrowth of new skin. But I like to describe it as the universe releasing one star and allowing a new one to be born. Although the old star continues to burn (past)…it’s the new one that gives its fuel to the universe.

My faith is ever so strong, right now. It’s my new star and I feel it’s one I hope will never burn out. In the eyes of those who have known me for years, I sense they notice I am different from who I once was. Today’s struggle is overcoming acceptance in the eyes of others. I have incorporated the litany of humility in my daily prayer to aid me through this journey.

So five things that I am grateful for overcoming acceptance:
    1. Grateful for the prayer of the litany of humility because it reminds me to not desire the need to be accepted.
    2. Grateful for time because it allows healing to take place.
    3. Grateful for surrendering because it allows me to lean in and give it to grace.
    4. Grateful for reflection because it reminds me I am worthy of love.
    5. Grateful for the ones who stood by me because their light brightens my path.

• Joel Boggess

My biggest challenge right now is with the messaging in my keynote speech.
    I feel very strongly, and God-led to anchor my keynote on three main pillars. I’ve used them as guideposts in earlier speeches and have even had them fed back to me.
    The struggle is that I’ve heard from many people that the 3 keys that I like to talk about the most are not economically viable. In other words, that it will be hard to get people to pay for what I Know and felt led to speak on.
    I’ve seen some success as a platform speaker and am grateful for that, I just know that I could be so much better if I followed what is true to me and burns in my heart.
    The blessing in all of it is that I get to pray and lean more on God and the Holy Spirit, to help me find the best solution and direction for my biz moving forward.
    Another blessing is that I get to spend more time understanding myself, my gifts, and the impact that I want to have in the world.

• Amanda

The last 7 years have brought SO MANY challenges: cancer of a parent and loss of that parent/friend/business partner all in one, loss of a marriage, financial turmoil, raising a child, starting new business directions, feeling I should be farther along in my dreams at my age… I frequently felt like a boxer who has gone down against a stronger opponent for the 4th time, and the crowd is shouting, “Stay down!”, but I struggle to get back up anyway. Today, I would say that my main challenge is feeling alone and isolated at a time when I need to reach people to build my business and personal dreams, as well as to know how to help and inspire my now teenaged son, who ALSO frequently feels he has no friends(even though he does have some.)
    – I have learned much and found ways to be grateful over time. One of the major moments for which I am EXTREMELY grateful, was getting to share with my mom, the experience and gift of hearing you, John, speak at the MGM, on what was to be our final outing together. For the weeks that followed she would ask me, “What is your baseball?”
    – I am grateful for your book, On Fire, as I have found it to be a great tool that I am using right now with my teenager; he is captivated! We have been listening (2nd time for me) to it together this past week.
    – I am grateful that in the midst of so much loss, I still have my dad; he is a great role model for my son, and a pillar of strength for both of us.
    – I am actually grateful that in a time of such turbulence in the world where large gatherings have had some scary uncertainties associated with them, we HAVE had a smaller circle of contacts! Bright side, right?
    – And finally, I am grateful that I have learned much from my mom on how to protect our health, and we are doing that. If not now, then when?

Thank you so much for offering your podcasts, emails, this challenge, your books… they are so appreciated! All of my love and blessings to you and your family.

• Sheryl

My biggest challenge is watching my kids struggle with challenges and often be excluded or incorrectly judged because of them. While I wish they didn’t have to endure these challenges, I am grateful to be reminded that God loves all of us and we all belong to him. I am grateful for the empathy I have developed because of this challenge. I am grateful for the reminder not to judge as the world judges. I am grateful that these challenges reminds me to reach out and try to befriend and include others, despite my shy nature.I am grateful for the knowledge that one day they will be made whole.

• Norm

Oh boy – I’m going to say today my biggest struggle – meaning maybe most in the foreground of my thinking these days – would be my finances. I just looked at my bills and realized my current income just covers the expenses and minimum payments on the debt. YUK!

In this, i’m grateful for…
    1. My need to absolutely lean on and trust in my Lord who cares for me and takes care of my needs from day to day, often surprising me with little income surprises, and Who also takes care of many of my wants too.
    2. My double and triple thinking habit i’ve gotten used to before I buy frivolous things.
    3. My gratitude for things in my life not affected directly by my finances…like how I can enjoy good health, solid friendships, valuable mentors, a day job I love and 2 side businesses I actually have time to do.
    4. My desire to continue to give to those less fortunate, whether $, or time, or serving, or relationship. This doesn’t go down, only increases.
    5. My hope for a better day financially. I believe. I trust. I have the means to make a difference in this. I can. I will.

• Lisa

My biggest struggle today is the disruption the Coronavirus is causing for so many people who are impacted. I’m grateful for all of the service workers who continue to work including grocery store checkers, butchers, bakers, shelf stockers and drive- through pickup runners. I’m grateful for the “thank you’s” given to them that bring a smile to their faces. I’m grateful for the chance to help older shoppers get what they need. I’m grateful for the beautiful weather today that will make outdoor activities possible. I’m thankful for the grace and patience I see all around.

• Marie-Josée

My greatest struggle today is to find a new job, closer to home, so I canha e more time to make things that bring me joy, or to work on my personal projects.
    I also want to evolve in my career. As a marketing coordinator for nearly 20 years, i need to go to a higher level now to achieve more, to fulfill my full potential.
    I am grateful for this struggling in my life because :
    – I actually HAVE a job while I look for a better one
    – It gives me the opportunity to work on myself, to know my forces and strenghts better
    – It gives me the occasion to create a larger professional network
    – It makes me clarify my goal for my actual Dream Job
    – It points me the areas of improvement,what I need to know (knowledge) and what I need to gain (qualities)

• Claire Weisler

Being slow to anger with my 6-year-old daughter.
    1. I am grateful that I have recognized my quickness to anger because now I can change it.
    2. I’m grateful for my daughter because she forgives.
    3. I’m grateful for my daughter because she’s helping me grow.
    4.I’m grateful for the gift of motherhood because it is truly an honor.
    5. I’m grateful for the ability to imagine a more beautiful way of communicating with my daughter because now I can get myself ready to make it happen.

• John Bohannon

My greatest challenge now is being a month past divorce. The five things I am grateful for are: 1) For the most part the legal stuff is over. 2) Having a house for myself and my kids. 3) Being able to control household expenses. 4) Fixing meals for my kids. 5) Greater reliance on God.

• Jill Startin

My greatest struggle today is overcoming the downside (for lack of better words). I get to go on this amazing ski trip to Juneau with my sister and niece. My husband was going with until last night, his dad is very sick (either coronavirus or influenza A/B) and cannot take care of our dog who has anxiety problems and seizures. He is really only okay with one of us, my parents or my husbands parents. We had a family outing last weekend overnight and the neighbors helped us out with him. The following night he had the worst seizure he’s had so far so husband decided to stay home instead of go on ski trip. No way I could argue that! Husband is pilot and so any trips he’s excited to go on is like winning the lottery since he just wants to be home. I will be spending day alone in Juneau On last day because he cannot go.
    I’m so grateful to have my beautiful dog and husband. I’m so grateful he’s able and willing to stay with our dog. I’m so grateful I get to go on these trips because he is a pilot. I’m so grateful to spend time with my sis and niece – they live so far! When I spend my day alone I’ll have no one to answer to so I get to do everything I want! I get to upgrade my seat on Alaska airlines and enjoy my bourbon! I get to sleep in. I have so many wonder opportunities in my life because of my husband, sister and husbands parents. I really believe I have the absolute best life, sometimes I need an attitude adjustment. Without the bad the good wouldn’t be so sweet. Cheers to the next best day!

• Beverly

My greatest challenge today is trying to overcome my depression, weight gain and feeling of dread that I wake up with everyday and trying to be a positive caregiver to my love ones. I have family spread out all over and trying to be there for each one of them and myself is very overwhelming along with all the negativity that I deal with at work and home. I am grateful for the all the little things in my life that brings me joy. I am grateful for your Live Inspired emails and the 21 day challenge. I am grateful for my family and friends that support me. I am grateful for our loving God that I can talk to through prayer. And I am grateful for music and books. I know I have a lot of things to be grateful for.

• Marie-Josée

Beverly, there is good in all situations. You are loved, that is wonderful!
      Try to see what happens for what it is, and accept the situatiin as it is.
      You give what you can to others, at that particular time in your life. That situation is temporary, it will pass. Love yourself for what you are doing today. You are doing great! Xx

• Jody

Today my physical struggle is small. I tore my ACL a month ago and have surgery scheduled 3/31. However, I injured my “good” knee so finding it difficult to walk. I didn’t want to post because it pales in comparison to real battles other face. Grateful to God that the accident could have been worse -He is my protector. Thankful for access to medical access. Blessed that I am healthy. Love that I have a wonderful family to support me. Grateful for this challeng John, it provides me great PERSPECTIVE. #inawe

• Raeleen

When I was little I was treated at a pediatric orthopedic hospital for orthopedic issues I had/have. At one point I told my mother I didn’t think I should go to the hospital for treatment any longer because there were so many kids who had much bigger challenges than I did and I felt I shouldn’t take up the doctor’s time. She explained that my challenges were no less important to me than their challenges were to them.

We don’t have to compare our struggles to one another, there are no bonus points to be won. We all win when we meet each other with compassion and empathy.

• Dolores

My greatest challenge is change. Daily we have change in the workplace, change that may be perceived as hard, unnecessary. Its hard to stay positive. I am grateful for my co workers that talk and calm me down, I am grateful that there is a pause, I am grateful for my friends that are optimist, I am grateful for good reads that inspire and motivate me. I am grateful I have learned to identify the good and to focus on that.

• Meredith McVehil

My breast cancer came back after almost 10 years in remission. Although this has devastated and surprised us because scientifically this is so rare given my surgical history I’ve grown in my faith, become so grateful for our rock solid marriage and vastly improved my social connections leaning into others for support. My kids and I are growing closer and my anxiety over what I think I can control has lessened. I have a cam and a peace that can’t be explained except for God.

• Teresa

Alcohol is my addiction and what I thought was an abyss I would never find my way out of. Today, 18 months sober! 1)found you and your podcasts 2)Laura Mckowen’s words, book, and she led me to this place and others, 3) Trusting in a God who shows me miracle after miracle 4) More openness, willingness, honesty, and intimacy with myself and relationships—beautiful light instead of only shadows and dark 5) AA 12 steps and an incredible love shown to me when I couldn’t love myself. I look forward to mornings now and am not terrified of the night—there’s life and value and beginnings and experiences I get to have as I practice loving myself and loving others.

• Mary Hughes

My struggle today is worry…my granddaughter is studying abroad in Finland, her college told students abroad to return home and her Dad (my Son) is trying, without any luck (due to airlines saturation and overwhelm), to bring her home. I’m grateful that my son has stamina and he will stay with this until he gets her home. My granddaughter is solid and strong and will maneuver this chaos as needed. My granddaughter got to experience Finland for 1/2 of the time and has had a beautiful experience. I’m grateful for my family’s health and all the prays that have been said for my granddaughter and all those traveling that they may be safe, healthy and return home with ease.

• Lori

I a struggling with morbid obesity and really trying to fight it right now. I am thankful for those who support and encourage me in the journey, tools that help me, healthy food, running a 5K and a God who loves me and fights for me and with me.

• John Oleary

Lori —. So glad you are fighting forward. Please know you are not alone and the best is yet to come. God bless. J

• Jennifer

My greatest challenge is severe PTSD. It’s increased my faith. God showing up for me when I could not get help for myself,
    Your podcast with Shawn anchor and realistic optimism.
    Friends who have cheered me on and brought me community
    Running, running my first full marathon and 6 half marathons inspite of all the struggles, working 2 jobs and raising kids
    John O’Leary 7 questions. I ask them to everyone that gathers around my kitchen table. It is so insightful

• John O'Leary

Jennifer, thanks so much for sharing and for living #inawe. You, my friend, are a gift. I love your list and so appreciate your encouragement. Shawn Achor’s realistic optimism and practical application ROCKED (make practicing gratitude like brushing your teeth!!! That is good stuff.) Congrats on the journey and to all that is yet to come. Enjoy Challenge Day 2 tomorrow! Hope to hear form you then. J

• Brian Gaffney

Hi Jennifer – We really appreciate you sharing your greatest challenge and would like to send you a copy of IN AWE after it’s released in May.
      Can you email me the best address for shipping? brian@johnolearyinspires.com