Go back to: Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5  | Day 6 | Day 7 | Day 8 | Day 9 [Haven’t taken the IN AWE 21-Day Challenge? Join here.]

Welcome to Day 10 of the IN AWE 21-Day Challenge! Today we spark inspiration, meaning and joy by BEING PRESENT.

Even though we’re self-quarantined, not able to go to our favorite restaurants and unable to be within six feet of friends, it’s still hard to slow down and be fully present at times, isn’t it?

CHALLENGE: Do you find yourself idly scrolling on your phone? Binging Netflix? Reading negative headlines? Wishing away this moment? Well, use this moment, right now, to stop and make a list of 10 things you could do during this season of stillness. Things you’ve “been meaning to do” or that would bring you joy now that you have “found the time” that always seems to escape us.

INSPIRATION: Being fully present is both extremely rare and a true gift. “We were not made to be a thousand places at once. We were meant to be here, in this moment, right now.” – John O’Leary, IN AWE p. 93 (Man, that’s good! And I wrote that long before the idea of living in quarantine was… reality 😉

ACTION: Now, DO one of the things on your list. Begin it right now. Share your list or how it felt to do one of the things on your list in the comments on Challenge Day 10 page or with a picture of you DOING the thing on social media, tagging me + using #inawe. Tomorrow* I’ll pick one person who does to win a copy of IN AWE to gift to a neighbor, favorite barista or as a random act of kindness (because you’ve already preordered copies for yourself, friends + family, right? :).

My friend, today is your day! Live IN AWE.

Did you know? The 21-Day IN AWE Challenge is inspired by John’s forthcoming book IN AWE. Preorder your copy + follow all the fun behind the scenes at ReadInAwe.com.

*One winner will be selected every day until publication 5/5/2020.

• Lori M.

Enjoying more time to bake and cook. I am also making a point of focusing on whatever conversation I am having (i.e., putting down the tablet, not scrolling on Facebook while talking on the phone, etc.).

• Janie Mae

My goals are to:
    remain calm
    continue daily meditation,
    reach out to my kids/grandkids daily, r
    reach out to housebound neighbors and offer assistance when possible, maintaining social distancing
    be a resource for others regarding answers to some of their questions re: Covid when I am able. I am a nurse and keeping informed regularly on the precautions and updates. I want to make sure others have factual information and not just rumors or unsubstantiated facts.
    Lastly, practicing self care as much as possible.

• John O'Leary

Great goals Janie Mae! I hope they’re working well for you.
      We’d like to send you a copy of IN AWE once it’s released in May. Please send an email over to brian@johnolearyinspires.com and include the best address to send to. Thanks!

• Deanna

10 Things for the Season of Stillness
    1. Journaling
    2. Preparing my yard for summer
    3. Water coloring
    4. Spring cleaning
    5. Calling an old friend
    6. Hiking
    7. Trying a new recipe
    8. Making a puzzle
    9. Calling a local organization and offering a service
    10. Praying/praying/praying

Praying is how I start my morning. It always brings focus to start my day. I read this everyday, “You can do more than pray, after you have prayed. But you can not do more than pray, until you have prayed.”

I started my spring cleaning. Started with the bathroom. Smells refreshing, because I was able to open the windows to let the fresh air come in! Feels great!

• Joel Boggess

We have been spending a lot more time outdoors, visiting with each other, and walking our dogs. I’m incredibly thankful that I have my family and friends to go through this with me. Thank you John.

• Jill Startin

I like to be prepared for anything. I also want to give a homemade gift. Sometimes they’re more inexpensive but mostly they are from the heart. I woke up today and made mustard bath. I plan on giving it out for anyone in our neighborhood that may be sick but also make it look pretty for gifts this season. I feel more free to get everything done. I even had time to clean the kitchen back up when I finished. I feel accomplished also. This is an awesome feeling.

• Lori

I am baking today. I usually don’t have time and I found 2 awesome recipes I want to try when scrolling on FB. Amish Cinnamon Bread and No-Knead Crispy Bread. Let me know if anyone wants the recipes.

• Deanna

Hello Lori!
      Since trying a new recipe is part of my list, I would love to try your Amish Cinnamon Bread! Stay well! Thank you!

• Marie-Josée

For me, stillness is mor over the weekend, since I have the chance to be working still.
        I started last weekend with the cleaning of a basement closet.
        I would like to continue with %
        1- Reading
        2- Writing
        3- Yoga
        4- Cooking, yesssss! COOKING!
        5- Play table games with kids
        6- Play games on my phone that I never have time to try
        7- Configurate my new laptop
        8- Painting
        9- Make a plan for my home “zen/work” area
        10- Follow online writing class

• Michelle Robinette

One of the items on my list is to complete our bathroom repainting project that we started about 3 mos ago! I installed the drawer pulls (a first for me!) and touched up the paint. I also gave the room a thorough scrubbing. Still a bit more to do but it looks great!

This was visible but the most important thing has been really working on my spiritual life and realizing how much we take for granted. Not being able to go to Sunday Mass today is hard. God knows what He is doing though and as a good Father He know what we need. He always brings good out of any bad He allows. Thank you, John, for reminding us to focus on the good!