Digital Marketing Strategist
John O’Leary is an expert on living, working and leading inspired.
Burned on 100% of his body as a child and expected to die, John now travels the world teaching others to truly live. The gifted vision he shares, though, has less to do with him being burned and more to do with what he has learned from others along the journey.
John shares his unbelievable perspective through his #1 national bestselling book ON FIRE, his Live Inspired Podcast (top 20 business iTunes) and his online community of 250,000 friends. John is a world-renowned speaker reaching more than 50,000 people live at more than 120 events around the world each year. John also shares his expertise through complimentary and salable content, products and digital programs.
We are seeking a Digital Marketing Strategist to build on our momentum + execute a comprehensive, cohesive strategy for our digital footprint – and own the massive growth and impact that is possible for this brand. The successful candidate will be interested in taking the wheel and driving this opportunity – through both meticulous execution (ensuring the nuances of each post are optimized for the platform, results, follower) and expansive, creative thinking to develop new, on-trend strategies.
The ideal candidate is someone with experience creating and managing a content calendar to best navigate high volume email and social media communication and orchestrating the buyer journey to drive brand, ecommerce goals and community growth. Additionally, he/she will have a strong background in leveraging data analysis and an innate hunger to understand new trends and best practices to continually create exceptional, “sticky” content across media platforms to exponentially grow digital footprint + impact.
This candidate will be responsible for managing all email and social campaigns and ensuring they generate excitement about the brand; support company goals; speak to a diverse user base; drive website traffic and sales. Ultimately, the successful candidate will be mission driven and blown away by the opportunity to positively change the world by empowering others to live inspired.
Email Marketing Responsibilities:
- Create and manage the team’s digital content calendar to ensure all marketing efforts are cohesive and on point
- Utilize MailChimp to develop, manage, test, and iterate ongoing, visually engaging email campaigns: Monday Motivation newsletter, Thursday Podcast email, IN STUDIO membership emails, etc.
- Execute best practices for deliverability and manage list size, data collected and target segments to create relevant and engaging campaigns
- Research and potentially source new technology to better manage opportunity to grow digital footprint
- Identify opportunities for segmented, automated campaigns to have more personalized conversations with our contacts + meet company goals
- Analyze usage metrics, understand the story behind the data, and create usage reports
- Collaborate closely with key stakeholders to brainstorm marketing + email communication strategies
- Develop + implement strategy to grow email list by 25,000 new subscribers annually outside of event attendees
Social Media Marketing Responsibilities:
- Manage social media campaigns to promote weekly content, engage current following + build new following / brand experience through Sprout Social or similar platform
- Conceptualize, create and share engaging “brand touch points” daily; orchestrate comprehensive digital experience (social, email, mobile)
- Align social media strategy with overall business goals – more real-time engagement, behind the scenes experiences; create processes to share “live inspired community member” stories
- Ensure brand consistency through collaboration with team members
- Stay current on technologies / trends in social media, design and applications – with an insatiable curiosity
- Use social media to drive company goals + analytics to prove campaigns value and continuously improve
- Manage digital design of social media platforms, i.e. Facebook cover photo, profile photo, etc.
Skill Sets and Competencies
- 5 years of experience +/or commensurate passion and talent in digital marketing management
- Displays in-depth understanding of social media platforms, their respective users and how each can be deployed for optimal results
- Hands-on experience in content creation, tracking + management
- Hands-on creation and execution of content calendar and high volume email + social campaigns
- Ability to work within a team + lead critical communication
- A passion for data + and desire to use it to better serve and connect with users
- Highly organized + ability to manage many projects and juggle shifting priorities
- An innate sense of urgency to own projects, push them forward and get massive results
- Copywriting and ability to use brand voice to create content – text, image and video
- Strong eye for design and proficient in Photoshop
- Problem solving, can do attitude – because in this space, you often have to create an unchartered path
- Proactive, energetic personality with inquiring, investigative mind
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies
- Highly self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to jump from creative to analytical side of marketing + demonstrate why ideas are sound
- Working understanding of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics is a plus
- Mission-centered. This is the last point – not because it is least important, but because it is most critical.
Don’t quite check all the boxes, but passionate about joining our amazing work + driven enough to figure out the ropes along the way? Please apply, we want to hear from you.
If this position sounds like a good fit, please apply with (1) your resume (2) cover letter outlining why you are a great fit (3) examples of your work to email@example.com. Applications received by 6/28/2019 will have first consideration.
Perks: Mission-Centered work that impacts countless people around the world; new office with popsicles in the freezer + a fantastic location, walking distance to cafés and shops; the office closes between Christmas + New Year every year so the team can reset and rejuvenate before the new year; a people focused culture: we have fun, work hard, and value work life synergy.
Location: This candidate must live in St. Louis or be willing to relocate