Director of Business Development
Expected to die as a child, John O’Leary now teaches others to truly live.
John’s gifted vision comes from being burned on 100% of his body as a child, overcoming the odds, learning what really matters, embracing his story, and now teaching others how to more fully embrace the possibility within theirs.
John shares his unbelievable perspective through his #1 national bestselling book ON FIRE and his Live Inspired Podcast (top 20, business, iTunes & Inc. Magazine). John is a world-renowned speaker reaching more than 50,000 people live at more than 120 events around the world each year. He also shares his expertise through complimentary and salable content, products and digital programs and online platforms.
This position reports directly to the Vice President and is critically important not only to the financial health of the organization, but to the lives of those in the audience profoundly impacted through his speaking events. Our message, process, and community changes lives; the Director of Business Development fuels that impact.
- Secure all keynote speaking revenue and opportunities for John
- Lead the charge to become even more successful in securing non-speaking revenue through bulk product sales, pre-recorded keynotes, booking other speakers, etc.
- Manage and deepen relationships with prospects and past clients
- Stay on top of speaking and event industry trends and market place
- Advocate for John’s speaking service
- Advocate for clients’ changing needs; innovate new ways to deliver and sell the Live Inspired brand to past clients and friends
- Maintain internal speaker schedule and the schedule for potential hold dates
- Negotiate terms of contract (keynote fee / travel / speaking times / product sales)
- Research and develop new business opportunities – seeking speaking opportunities at large, national conferences clients, etc.
- Act as liaison with speaker bureaus
- Represent a roster of Live Inspired speakers for referrals sources / additional revenue
- Effectively utilize CRM (ACT!) for accurate tracking and reporting
- Maintain keynote revenue report and master calendar
- Collaborate with and support other departments and staff
- Serve as mission ambassador for John O’Leary – Live Inspired; maintain high-level professional image
- Manage Business Administration Specialist in serving clients from contracting through event completion
- Be a team player. We are a small company and there are projects that pop up and we have an “all hands on deck” approach
- Be mission centered. While we are a for-profit business, our great success organizationally originated – and continues forward – in being guided forward with a not-for-profit heart
Skill Sets and Competencies
- Proven ability in sales, contract negotiation and multi-tasking
- Passion for prospect and client communication
- Ability to successfully adapt to changing situations
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial, self-driven, persuasive, adaptable, and results-oriented personality
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office and CRM systems
- A Bachelor Degree in business, marketing, public relations, journalism or communication
- A minimum of 5+ years of marketing, sales & event planning experience, preferably in a leadership role
- Desire to positively inspire, impact and elevate the lives of others
- Desire to keep learning and stay up-to-date on industry trends
Please send resume + cover letter to info @ Johnolearyinspires.com to be considered for this position.
- This candidate must be based in St. Louis, MO or willing to relocate.
- This is a full-time position.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- Submit your application by 2/15 to have first consideration for this position.