“A day without laughter is a day wasted.” ~ Charlie Chaplin
It is World Book Night 2013 and my 20 copies of Bossypants to give to light readers in the Rising Above community have arrived!!
That’s right, as a World Book Night “giver” I have 20 copies of Bossypants by Tina Fey to give to Rising Above community members who are light readers! (World Book Night‘s mission is to spread the love of reading person to person – focusing on those who do not typically read.)
In taking the sage advise of Charlie Chaplin above, I chose this book because it will encourage my friends to not only read but also to LAUGH.
So, let’s have some fun with this! I want you to win a free copy and I want us all to laugh, smile and enjoy this! If you are a light reader and like Saturday Night Live, 30 Rock and the quirky humor of Tina Fey: take these quick steps to be entered to win a copy of Bossypants:
1) Send a note (preferably with a photo or video – use your smart phone or borrow your neighbor’s – it does not need to be high quality! But if you can’t get a photo or video, just send your note) to firstname.lastname@example.org by this Thursday April 25 at midnight CST.
2) Your note, photo or video should convey any or all of the following:
– why you like to laugh
– why you are inspired by World Book Night’s mission to spread the love of reading
– tell us your favorite joke
– simply send us a video of you laughing
– really, if you can’t tell, I just want you to win a book 🙂 so send whatever strikes your fancy!
3) On Friday, April 26 look for a video on Facebook and my blog announcing the Rising Above community members who win a book and the fun (and funny!) thoughts they shared to enter the raffle.
Can’t wait to hear from you!