Post updated June 7.
Our June book club book is Overwhelming Odds. This is my parents’ book about the story of the fire that nearly took my life, the journey my family has been on since and something much more universally important that you’ll discover as you read with us this month!
As always: this blog post will serve as our June Book Club Discussion Page. As you read, please share your thoughts and insights in the comments below. (We had some really fantastic discussion for our April Book How Full is Your Bucket? – check it out here: April Book Club Discussion.)
Here is your book club checklist for June (Updated June 7):
1) Watch this interview with the authors of our June book club pick Overwhelming Odds (my parents, Susan & Denny O’Leary!)! They share why they chose to write a book 20 years after the fire that nearly took my life, what they’ve learned from it and their belief that life is beautiful when you embrace your scars.
2) Order your book and begin reading (it’s a short book – we’ll read chapter 1 through chapter 11 by June 15).
3) Download your Overwhelming Odds reader guide for thoughts and questions to reflect on as you read. Share your thoughts and answers in the comments below!
4) If you missed it, read my blog that kick’s off our book this month and shares how overcoming a time of adversity in my dad’s life inspired him to write this book with my mom.
5) Share your thoughts and insights in the comments section below so that we can discuss this book as a community!
6) Do you have questions or ideas on how to make Rising Above book club even better? We’d love to hear! Please send them to: email@example.com
In the comments below, please share your thoughts, questions and insights while you read this book (also share ideas on how to make book club even better)!