Hall of Fame speaker Amanda Gore joins John O’Leary on the Live Inspired Podcast to share her journey in discovering joy in her authentic self.
Amanda Gore is a global teacher of joy and one of only four Australians inducted into the Speaker Hall of Fame.
As one of the most admired speakers, Amanda’s action-packed presentations are rooted in science-based tools to equip others to better handle change and create deep, lasting relationships with customers, colleagues and families.
Today Amanda joins us for a thought-provoking conversation about addressing our core fears, discovering who we are at our essence and her own personal journey in embracing stillness to better understand her authentic self.
Subscribe & listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, iHeartRadio or listen here:
- At the start of Covid, Amanda credits the work of Dr. David Martin that led her to dive deeply into her essence. Learn more about Dr. Martin’s work here.
- Core fears: I’m not good enough or I’m not worth loving. I’m unsafe in some way. Fear of separation.
- “As a toddler, I told myself I was responsible for my mother’s happiness.”
- True north question: Am I being the person I want to be in this moment?
- “We teach best what we need to learn.”
- As Amanda is focusing on the small steps to feel all ranges of emotion, she’s learning the value in stillness.
- Sparkly bits: How is our nonverbal communication being perceived by those around us.
- From Tom Kenyon’s The Great Human Potential, Amanda asks herself: What is it that I, as a being, am learning from this experience?
- I’m not driving myself to achieve. I’m opening my heart and now choosing to dive deeply into who I really am.
- Get a copy of Amanda Gore’s book Joy is an Inside Job here.
About our sponsor: Keeley Companies wholeheartedly believes that if you get the people right -the results will follow. They set themselves apart with a forward-thinking culture that empowers their people and fosters loyal partnerships. Keeley Companies are a proud sponsor, partner, and super fan of the Live Inspired Podcast. Learn more about Keeley Companies.
Did you enjoy today’s episode? Subscribe, rate + review on Apple Podcasts!
AMANDA GORE'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
- Q. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
A. Lizards Eat Butterflies by David Martin.
- Q. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today?
- Q. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
A. They’re just things. Maybe photos or books but it’s the feeling of sanctuary of my home I’d miss.
- Q. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
A. Dr. David Martin
- Q. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
A. What as a being am I learning from this experience? Am I being the person I want to be in this moment?
- Q. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self?
A. Learn how to return to your core essence of love + connection and enjoy the great range of experiences.
- Q. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?
A. She tried really hard and learned a lot.