John O’Leary welcomes Amy Wolff, mastermind behind a life-saving global movement of hope, love and encouragement, to the Live Inspired Podcast.
Don’t give up. You are worthy of love. Your mistakes don’t define you.
These simple phrases launched a global movement. Overwhelmed by the staggering suicide rates in her small Oregon town, Amy Wolff was determined to support those struggling.
With her husband and two young daughters, Amy anonymously staked 20 yard signs with encouraging phrases across their community, never anticipating it would ignite a powerful + life-saving movement of hope, love and encouragement.
Today, these phrases are displayed on yard signs, wristbands, stickers and cards across the United States and over 26 countries.
After a year of uncertainty, struggle and unrest for so many, today’s conversation will inspire you to be generous with love… for yourself and others.
- “Your brother saved you and I couldn’t save mine.” As a teenager, Amy watched helplessly as her older brother Jeremy drowned teaching her purpose, perspective, fragility of life and urgency.
- Walk with others in their suffering by showing up, staying tender and offering pain as empathy.
- Instead of building a fence around his grief, Amy’s dad chose to build a bridge to others suffering by gifting a handmade waterproof wooden box for their loved ones to hold letters.
- “We exist to give others tangible ways to show up, do something that will provide hope and stir courage for those hurting.”
- Amy and John share stories of how an unexpected encounter with a sign triggered a chain of hope.
- Moments of sovereignty: facilitating moments where others see hope and take it for themselves.
- Learn more about Signs of Hope at dontgiveupsigns.com.
- Get a copy of Amy Wolff’s book Signs of Hope here.
Join our Live Inspired Together community, text PODCAST2021 to 314-207-5010.
About our sponsor: Keeley Companies wholeheartedly believes that if you get the people right -the results will follow. They set themselves apart with a forward-thinking culture that empowers their people and fosters loyal partnerships. Keeley Companies are a proud sponsor, partner, and super fan of the Live Inspired Podcast. Learn more about Keeley Companies.
My new book IN AWE is now available… and became an instant bestseller! Learn how to rediscover your childlike sense of wonder to unleash inspiration, meaning and joy. Visit ReadInAwe.com today!
AMY WOLFF'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
- Q. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
A. New Seeds of Contemplation by Thomas Merton. "What you think of God is more a reflection of who you are than who he is."
- Q. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today?
- Q. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
A. Jeremy carved a heart and my name into a slab of wood.
- Q. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
A. My brother Jeremy but equally, as a person of faith, God to ask him, "are we doing this right?"
- Q. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
A. After feeling compelled to get outside of my echo chamber and get with people who are different, God told me, "I need you to hate your sin more than anyone else's."
- Q. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self?
A. You're doing it. Keep doing it.
- Q. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?
A. She loved people really well.