John O’Leary welcomes Bill McKendry to the Live Inspired Podcast to share how to use life’s challenges to do more good.
Growing up with parents who were deaf, Bill McKendry has a unique perspective on communication and the power it holds. In fact, it’s what ignited his passion to be a voice and communicator for those who need help.
At the height of his successful 35-year career in advertising and marketing, Bill left a large advertising agency to launch non-profit DO MORE GOOD. Using his expertise from iconic brands including American Express and Target, Bill focuses on magnifying the missions of non-profits to multiply their impact.
Join us for a conversation about using challenges as a way to meet others with empathy, passion and do more good.
Subscribe & listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, iHeartRadio or listen here:
- Do More Good helps to magnify the missions of non-profits and multiply their impact through marketing, communications and branding.
- Before learning to speak, Bill communicated through American Sign Language with his parents who were deaf since birth.
- Native to Michigan, Bill fell in love with Colorado at 14 years old and continues to maintain a connection to the area.
- Do More Good: In 1994, Bill drafted the plan for a world-changing advertising agency that would dedicate at least 50% of its profits to amplify the message of non-profits.
- If you’re going to do good, do great. Pitching early client Mel Trotter Ministries, Bill recognized the power of “big brand campaigns” would have on agencies doing good.
- Bill shares the moving and memorable experience of meeting Mother Teresa.
- Get a copy of Bill McKendry’s book Do More Good here.
If you enjoyed today’s episode… Hear how Coach Kathy Bresnahan led a grieving high school volleyball team to a state championship. Anyone who has struggled to overcome a challenge in life will appreciate this story of strength and perseverance. Listen to ep. 89 now.
About our sponsor: Keeley Companies wholeheartedly believes that if you get the people right -the results will follow. They set themselves apart with a forward-thinking culture that empowers their people and fosters loyal partnerships. Keeley Companies are a proud sponsor, partner, and super fan of the Live Inspired Podcast. Learn more about Keeley Companies.
Did you enjoy today’s episode? Subscribe, rate + review on Apple Podcasts!
BILL MCKENDRY'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
- Q. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
A. The Bible and Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis.
- Q. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today?
A. Over-the-top optimism.
- Q. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
A. My laptop.
- Q. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
A. Jesus or C.S. Lewis.
- Q. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
A. "Never, never, never give up," by Winston Churchill.
- Q. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self?
A. I believe every part of my journey was important. I wish I could have gotten a lot more serious about doing more good earlier in my life.
- Q. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?
A. He was a man that was willing to do more good.