John O’Leary welcomes legendary sportscaster Bob Costas to the Live Inspired Podcast.
Bob Costas has earned 29 Emmy awards – more than any other sports broadcaster. He is also the only person to have won in news, sports and entertainment. So, what do Bob and I have in common? Bob was mentored by my dear friend, Jack Buck.
Don’t miss this heartfelt conversation as Bob reflects on his humble beginnings + his most iconic interviews and memorable moments from 25 years of covering the greatest events of our time.
Watch the interview on Facebook or YouTube.
Never miss an episode. Subscribe to the Live Inspired Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher,Google Play or iHeartRadio.
If you enjoyed hearing from my hometown friend… You’ll love our St. Louis playlist featuring iconic change agents, sports legends and entrepreneurs from the Gateway to the West. Listen to the St. Louis playlist now.
About our sponsor: Keeley Companies wholeheartedly believes that if you get the people right -the results will follow. They set themselves apart with a forward-thinking culture that empowers their people and fosters loyal partnerships. Keeley Companies are a proud sponsor, partner, and super fan of the Live Inspired Podcast. Learn more about Keeley Companies.
BOB COSTAS' LIVE INSPIRED 7
- Q. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
A. Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger.
- Q. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today?
A. A sense of wonder.
- Q. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
A. Photo album.
- Q. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
A. Jackie Robinson.
- Q. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
A. Professionally, be yourself.
- Q. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self?
A. Your youth is not as short as you think it is. You're still a young man when you're 50.
- Q. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?
A. He paid it forward.