John O’Leary welcomes Brad Formsma on the Live Inspired Podcast on how we can create generosity ripples in our own community.
In 2007, Brad Formsma had an idea to inspire people around the globe to live generously. After selling his landscaping company, Brad became the Founder & President of I Like Giving, a movement which has inspired more than 125 million people in 170 countries to live generously.
Today, Brad joins us to share practical ideas and inspiring stories on how we can use our thoughts, words, money, influence, time, attention, and belongings to live generously and create generosity ripples in our own community.
My friends, you’ll leave this conversation inspired to become more others-focused, and be reminded of how simple actions will make a long-lasting impact in our lives.
- Brad has distilled his life down to six words: Entrepreneurial spirit. Life passion is giving.
- “Generosity inspires generosity.”
- Brad and his wife Laura made a “pre-decision” to always live generously. Even when Brad was diagnosed with leukemia, giving consistently wasn’t contingent on rainbows and butterflies and sunshine and everything going up into the right.
- Proverb 11:24-26 The world of the generous gets larger and larger world of the stingy gets smaller and smaller.
- The six types of generosity: thoughts, words, money, influence, time, attention, and belongings.
- Get a copy of Brad Formsma book I Like Giving here.
Did you enjoy today’s episode?
You’ll love my conversation with Ami Campbell. As a champion of generosity, Amy helps us rediscover their giving selves and inspire you to transform your community and live generously. Hear Ami share how one single act of generosity ripples out to four degrees of separation and how generosity frees us from the grip that fear and insecurity have on us. Listen to Ami Campbell on ep. 480.
About our sponsor: Keeley Companies wholeheartedly believes that if you get the people right -the results will follow. They set themselves apart with a forward-thinking culture that empowers their people and fosters loyal partnerships. Keeley Companies are a proud sponsor, partner, and super fan of the Live Inspired Podcast. Learn more about Keeley Companies.
BRAD FORMSMA'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
- Q. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
A. Wild Goose Chase by Mark Batterson.
- Q. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today?
A. I wish I laughed - even more than I do now.
- Q. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
A. A little safe that has some letters, documents and thumb drives to family memories and pictures that I would like to not have erased.
- Q. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
A. Herb Kelleher, who founded Southwest Airlines.
- Q. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
A. Be present, be where your feet are.
- Q. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self?
A. Recognize that to get to 90 or a hundred trips around the sun, you need to be a little more intentional with how you treat your body.
- Q. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?
A. He prayed regularly and gave generously.