John O’Leary welcomes Chris Didier to the Live Inspired Podcast as he brings life-saving awareness to fentanyl’s deadly role in our communities, and how his advocacy work has brought him healing.
Chris Didier is turning his own heartbreak and pain into heartfelt purpose.
In 2020, Chris’ son Zach was a 17-year-old star athlete, exceptional student, friend to everyone, and above all, a loving son.
After being contacted by a drug dealer on the social media app Snapchat, Zach consumed what he thought was be a legitimate pharmaceutical grade pill. Instead, Zach had unknowingly ingested a counterfeit pill made with a lethal amount of fentanyl.
Today, Chris works tirelessly in his advocacy to bring awareness and education of the dangers of illicit synthetics. He has partnered with numerous school districts, and state and federal agencies across the United States in an effort to saves lives.
Join us as Chris brings life-saving awareness to fentanyl’s deadly role in our communities, and learn how by dedicating himself to advocacy, it has helped Chris navigate his grief, find healing, and bring about meaningful change.
My friends, with the CDC calling illicit fentanyl the leading cause of death to Americans aged 18-45, this conversation has the ability to save lives and is a conversation for us all.
- Illicit fentanyl is the leading cause of death to Americans aged 18-45
- Every seven minutes, some dies from illicit fentanyl.
- “Avoidance doesn’t extinguish our fears. Taking action does.” – Marie Forleo
- The individual who sold Zach the fake Percocet is currently serving a 17-year prison sentence for his role in his tragic and untimely death.
- Find resources to speak to your loved ones about the deadly impact of fentanyl at VOID.
Did you enjoy today’s conversation?
You’ll love my conversation with Dr. Meg Meeker. If you’re a parent, caregiver or role model to young ones, Meg’s goal is diffuse fear-based parenting. As a pediatrician, author, parent, wife, grandmother and business owner, Meg shares insights on raising happy, confident children in today’s increasingly complicated world. Listen to Dr. Meg Meeker on ep. 14.
About our sponsor: Keeley Companies wholeheartedly believes that if you get the people right -the results will follow. They set themselves apart with a forward-thinking culture that empowers their people and fosters loyal partnerships. Keeley Companies are a proud sponsor, partner, and super fan of the Live Inspired Podcast. Learn more about Keeley Companies.
CHRIS DIDIER'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
- Q. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
A. Servant Warrior by Stu Weber, Option B by Cheryl Sandberg and Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand.
- Q. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today?
A. Sense of adventure and openness to new ideas.
- Q. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
A. I’d take a letter Zach wrote to himself as a freshman that he would have received back as a senior.
- Q. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
- Q. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
A. You are the sum total of all the obstacles you've learned to overcome.
- Q. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self?
Family is God's gift to you as you are to them.
- Q. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?
A. Life is like a daily tug of war of accepting mediocrity or being the best version of yourself.