John O’Leary welcomes bestselling author + personal growth expert Christy Wright to the Live Inspired Podcast to cultivate balance, ditch distractions and prioritize what actually matters.
Ever feel over-scheduled, over-committed and over-tired in today’s world? That we do so much, yet somehow, feel we’re not doing enough?
Christy Wright, bestselling author of Take Back Your Time and host of The Christy Wright Show, is an expert in cultivating balance, ditching distractions and prioritizing what actually matters.
If you or someone you know is seeking a guilt-free tool to cut out what doesn’t matter, prioritize the things that do and take back your time and your life, this episode is for you.
- “Making it” because of struggle: Growing up, how Christy’s mom launched a small bakery business was pivotal in teaching character, integrity, persistence and work ethic her formative years.
- Before becoming a speaker full-time with Ramsey, Christy said “yes” before knowing how and stepped in for Rachel Cruz while she was a project manager.
- “Some of the most incredible career opportunities are not positions that are posted but problems that are solved.” – Sheryl Sandburg
- “If you wait until you have success to commit, you’ll have neither. You have to commit before you have success.” – Seth Godin
- What if “balance” isn’t so much what you do but something you create + become in your life? Life balance is not doing everything for an equal amount of time. It’s about doing the right things at the right times.
- Start doing what matters, stop doing what doesn’t matter in today’s season.
- “If we are not careful we will spend our entire lives checking boxes and never stopping to ask ourselves if those boxes represent anything actually worth doing.”
- Create an ideal schedule. Take your current calendar and a blank calendar:
- Move over the things you have to do.
- Move over the things you want to do.
- Add whatever is missing.
- “We judge others by everything they do and we judge ourselves by everything we don’t do.”
- Listen to past Live Inspired Podcast guests + fellow Ramsey personalities Dave Ramsey, Rachel Cruz and Anthony ONeal.
- Get a copy of Christy Wright’s Take Back Your Time here.
About our sponsor: Keeley Companies wholeheartedly believes that if you get the people right -the results will follow. They set themselves apart with a forward-thinking culture that empowers their people and fosters loyal partnerships. Keeley Companies are a proud sponsor, partner, and super fan of the Live Inspired Podcast. Learn more about Keeley Companies.
CHRISTY WRIGHT'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
- Q. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
A. The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry by John Mark Comer.
- Q. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today?
- Q. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
- Q. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
A. Maya Angelou
- Q. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
A. People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Q. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self?
A. You're going to get married. Stop freaking out.
- Q. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?
A. 1 Thessalonians 5:24 The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.