Ben and Erin Napier of HGTV’s Home Town join John O’Leary on the Live Inspired Podcast and share that rehabbing isn’t just for homes, but for hearts, lives and towns, too.
Today, we’ve got a really fun treat for you! An awesome lesson on love and how to fill your home with it just in time for the holidays… from HGTV stars, Erin + Ben Napier.
Erin + Ben share about their new book, Make Something Good Today, and how this motto has transformed their lives. My friends, rehabbing isn’t just meant for homes, but more importantly, for our hearts, lives and towns, too.
Subscribe & listen on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, iHeartRadio or listen here:
ERIN AND BEN NAPIER SHOW NOTES
As I mentioned, today is the last day to place an order + receive it in time for Christmas! Head to the Live Inspired Shop+ use code podcastfor 15% off t-shirts, calendars + autographed copies of ON FIRE.
- Erin + Ben Napier are stars of the HGTV show Home Town
- Get Erin + Ben’s book Making Something Good Today here.
- You just need enough faith to take the first step.
- “If I could make my faith more real than my fear, I could do this.”
- Take time to find one thing that is great in every day + it will make the things that are uncertain feel less scary.
- Renovating life – making something that seems bad, old, useless into something new, good and valuable again.
- The sense of wonder, that ability to hope for what was impossible, its inside of all of us.
- Always evolving; it’s how we were created to be.
- Advice we can all borrow this holiday season. Need a gift idea?: Just be thoughtful enough to give your time + make something, it doesn’t matter how big or small it is.
- Ben Napier about why they chose to do the show: “If we can be a beacon of hope for small town America, we’ll do it.”
- What would you say to a person who is struggling? It’s all about being yourself. What worked somewhere else might not work for you. Look at who you are.
Enjoy hearing from a wife + husband? Check out Ep. #67 with Marc + Angel Chernoff who tackle everyday issues on their blog Hack Life here.
ERIN AND BEN NAPIER’S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
Erin: Love in the time of Cholera. It’s a love story that happens across decades. Beautifully written, colorful. I recommend to anybody.
Ben: A Childhood by Harry Crews.
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today?
Erin: I wish I made more art. I wish I did more with my hands.
Ben: I was much more naive and trusting as a child, which is hard to have as an adult.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
Erin: The anniversary books from Ben.
Ben: Probably the anniversary books for Erin.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
Erin: My grandfather who died. I wish I got to spend more time with him.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
Erin: My dad says “Sugar, every bucket has to sit on it’s own bottom.” Any huge decision, or goal: You have to do it for yourself. Its the only way to be proud of it and own it.
Ben: Look at who you want to be in 5 years + only say yes to things that will take you there.
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self?
Erin: Your parents know everything. They were right.
Ben: Try harder to get Erin.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?
Erin: She was afraid but she did it anyway.
Ben: He loved everyone.
If you enjoyed today’s episode: Subscribe, rate & review on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts. See you here next Thursday!
Live Inspired with John daily on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram + get his Monday Motivation email.