Fr. Ray Kelly, the Irish singing priest, joins John O’Leary on the Live Inspired Podcast.
Fr. Ray Kelly, affectionally known as the singing Irish priest from Britain’s Got Talent, became a worldwide sensation. The video of him singing a touching rendition of “Hallelujah” went viral with more than 80 million views.
With an astonishing ability to connect with others through his remarkable singing, Fr. Ray joins us to share his fascinating journey from parish priest to Britain’s Got Talent fame.
Today’s episode is an early Christmas blessing that’s sure to delight.
Subscribe & listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, iHeartRadio or listen here:
- Moving from civil service, Fr. Ray became called to priesthood, becoming an ordained priest at 36 years old.
- Understand the power of Christmas. Say “no” to overconsumption + commercialism and “yes” to helping others.
- After recently losing his beloved dog Buddy, the song “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” takes on even more emotional meaning.
- Watch Fr. Ray Kelly sing his rendition of “Hallelujah” for newlyweds Chris and Leah here.
- Learn more about Fr. Ray Kelly here.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, you’ll love our Musicians playlist. Hear lessons (and music!) from legendary performers including Lauren Daigle and Walker Hayes. Listen to the Musicians playlist now.
About our sponsor: Keeley Companies wholeheartedly believes that if you get the people right -the results will follow. They set themselves apart with a forward-thinking culture that empowers their people and fosters loyal partnerships. Keeley Companies are a proud sponsor, partner, and super fan of the Live Inspired Podcast. Learn more about Keeley Companies.
Did you enjoy today’s episode? Subscribe, rate + review on Apple Podcasts!
FR RAY KELLY'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
- Q. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
A. Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela.
- Q. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today?
- Q. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
A. The platinum disc of my debut album Where I Belong.
- Q. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
A. I'd want to have my sister back with me again.
- Q. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
A. I've been inspired by my parents' hard work and their parenting.
- Q. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?
A. My heart is in my songs.