John O’Leary welcomes Enneagram expert Ian Morgan Cron to the Live Inspired Podcast to share how this assessment can make you more self-aware and transform your life.
“The Enneagram is a tool that awakens our compassion for people just as they are, not the people we wish they would become so our lives would become easier.”
Ian Morgan Cron is the bestselling author of The Road Back to You and champion of the Enneagram, an ancient personality typing system that identifies nine types of people + how they relate to one another and the world.
Today we’ll discuss how the Enneagram can:
- Provide a framework for how we can live into our most authentic selves
- Reveal the wisdom each personality type can offer to others
- Call out your strengths + transform your relationships in every sphere of life.
If you’d like to become more self-aware in your personal and professional life – this episode is for you.
Subscribe & listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, iHeartRadio or listen here:
- “Who am I, am I really loved, what’s my mission and how do I integrate my brokenness into who I am?”
- Wounded healer: Ian grew up with an alcoholic father and his own addiction and recovery has helped him help others.
- During a snow day at 13 years old, Ian had his first experience with alcohol and ended being taken by ambulance to the hospital for alcohol poisoning.
- “In our woundedness we find connection and commonality.”
- After other addiction struggles, Ian realized he cannot do life alone and embraces a community of wisdom with his faith.
- “If you don’t have the conscious awareness of God’s presence in the world, ask for it. Be open and willing to have that spiritual experience.”
- As a priest and spiritual director, Brother Dave helped Ian discern the ongoing activity of grace in their life and understand the Enneagram in a whole new way.
- Developing self-knowledge: Enneagram Assessment is an ancient personality typing system that identifies nine types of people + how they relate to one another and the world.
- Enneagram Types:
- 1 – The Reformer
- 2 – The Helper
- 3 – The Achiever
- 4 – The Individualist
- 5 – The Investigator
- 6 – The Loyalist
- 7 – The Enthusiast
- 8 – The Challenger
- 9 – The Peacemaker
- Favorite quotes from our conversation:
- “Your number is not determined by what you do so much as by why you do it.”
- “The beginning of love is the will to let those we love be perfectly themselves. The resolution not to twist them to fit our own image. If in loving them we do not love what they are but only their potential likiness to ourselves, then we do not love them. We only love the reflection of ourselves we find in them.”
- “The Enneagram does not put you in a box. It shows you the box you’re already in and how to get out of it.”
- “The Enneagram reveals to you who you were before the world told you who you were supposed to be.”
- Get a copy of Ian Morgan Cron’s The Road Back to You here.
Learn your Enneagram type! Ian’s iEQ9 Assessment will provide a comprehensive, type-specific report with in-depth information about your Enneagram type. Enter the code LIVEINSPIRED to receive 10% an assessment today on Ian’s website.
About our sponsor: Keeley Companies wholeheartedly believes that if you get the people right -the results will follow. They set themselves apart with a forward-thinking culture that empowers their people and fosters loyal partnerships. Keeley Companies are a proud sponsor, partner, and super fan of the Live Inspired Podcast. Learn more about Keeley Companies.
My new book IN AWE is now available… and became an instant bestseller! Learn how to rediscover your childlike sense of wonder to unleash inspiration, meaning and joy. Visit ReadInAwe.com today!
JEREMY + ADRIENNE CAMP'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
- Q. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
A. Adrienne: Anything from Ravi Zacharias because he’s good at asking the hard questions and coming up with good answers.
- Q. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today?
A. Jeremy: Courage and fearless.
- Q. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
A. Adrienne: Passports.
- Q. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
A. Jeremy: Besides Adrienne, David from the Bible and ask him, “what brought you to be a man after God’s heart and how did you get so distracted?”
- Q. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
A. Adrienne: Humility breeds healthy relationships.
- Q. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self?
A. Jeremy: Just know that all things work out to good, even if it seems like the darkest hour. Just endure.
- Q. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?
A. Adrienne: She gave everything she had. Jeremy: He was wholehearted in everything that they did.