Jason Harris joins John O’Leary on the Live Inspired Podcast to share the soul and science behind persuasion.
We often think of the word persuasion as corrupt, shady or untrustworthy. And while it may have that connotation, Jason Harris sees it differently.
Jason is co-founder & CEO of award-winning creative advertising agency Mekanism and bestselling author of The Soulful Art of Persuasion. Blending soul and science, Jason helps iconic brands like Peloton and Ben & Jerry’s thrive.
Using originality, generosity and empathy, Jason shares his secrets to cultivating character-building behaviors that are critical for both personal and professional success.
If you’re looking for the framework to build meaningful relationships in all aspects of your life, this conversation is for you.
Subscribe & listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, iHeartRadio, or listen here:
- Everyone has skills to pass on.
- As an entrepreneur, Jason was inspired to share his proven formula of building a successful business by developing character.
- You can’t avoid persuasion but you can be persuasive in a transparent and generous way.
- Jason reminds us that the first step in developing a persuasive character is learning to be unapologetically yourself. Begin by understanding the important moments in your life that have made you who you are and effectively communicating them.
- “Diversity of opinions and perspectives lead to the best outcomes.”
- Give it all away: Jason had to learn habitual generosity and how it plays a crucial role in connecting with others and creating legacy.
- Boomerang Effect: Feeling unfulfilled with his work, London-based hairdresser Josh Coombes began providing his services free of charge to homeless people which opened up new opportunities for joy and satisfaction.
- Get a copy of Jason Harris’ book The Soulful Art of Persuasion.
- Learn more about Mekanism.
Did you enjoy today’s episode? You’ll love our Family Road Trip Playlist!
Enjoy a curated selection of family-friendly Live Inspired Podcast guests including comic Sebastian Maniscalco, Grammy-winner Lauren Daigle, Olympic medalist Jackie Joyner-Kersee, and so many more. With this much inspiration, no one will be asking, “are we there yet!?” Listen to the Family Road Trip Playlist here.
About our sponsor: Keeley Companies wholeheartedly believes that if you get the people right -the results will follow. They set themselves apart with a forward-thinking culture that empowers their people and fosters loyal partnerships. Keeley Companies are a proud sponsor, partner, and super fan of the Live Inspired Podcast. Learn more about Keeley Companies.
JASON HARRIS' LIVE INSPIRED 7
- Q. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
A. The Daily Stoic by Ryan Holiday and Stephen Hanselman
- Q. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today?
- Q. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
A. David Bowie album.
- Q. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
A. Muhammad Ali. [Hear from undefeated 4-time boxing champion and the daughter of Muhammad Ali, Laila Ali shares how she became a powerhouse by having the courage to keep going on ep. 29.]
- Q. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
A. There’s no growth in comfort.
- Q. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self?
A. You have time.
- Q. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?
A. Jason Harris made everyone feel important.