John O’Leary welcomes Jay Fantom onto the Live Inspired Podcast and reminds us of the precious gift of life.
Jay Fantom is a persistent and passionate speaker, award-winning filmmaker and writer who strives to be the best, most authentic, honest, loving, kind, and excellent version of himself daily.
As the host of the chart-topping podcast The Story Box, Jay calls upon his own vulnerability to unbox the stories of world-class thought leaders.
Today, Jay shares how he learned to embrace the past with truth, courage, and sincerity and how he’s helping others find their worth.
This conversation will remind you just how valuable and precious life is and offer the encouragement to live it fully.
Cue the confetti! As we celebrate 500 Live Inspired Podcast episodes, we want to hear from YOU.
- What do you love?
- Who has been your favorite guest?
- What have you always wanted to know?
- Who do you want to see join in the next 500 episodes?
Plus, learn how you can earn a $100 gift card! Take the Short Survey Now.
- Jay credits his grandfather with teaching him the value of excellence, good character and integrity.
- “We are worth it. Our story does matter. There is power in each and every one of our stories.”
- Be curious: If you don’t ask, you don’t get and you’ll never know.
- In teaching him the meaning of life, Jay’s grandfather discouraged procrastination yet understood the negative impact of overextending ourselves.
- As he faced a sudden and serious case of meningitis, Jay was enlightened to surrender and trust God.
- Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. While grieving from a series of turmoil, Jay learned that by facing his pain, he was able to heal.
- Society places worth, purpose and identity in what you do rather than who you are.
- Learn more about Jay Fantom’s podcast The Story Box.
- Isaiah 40:31: Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on the wings like Eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not be faint.
- Get a copy of Jay Fantom’s book The Path of an Eagle.
Did you enjoy today’s episode?
You’ll love my conversation with Ben Nemtin. With three friends and a list of one hundred things to do before you die, Ben shares what inspired this quest, its impact on millions and the steps to create your own list. Listen to ep. 336 now.
About our sponsor: Keeley Companies wholeheartedly believes that if you get the people right -the results will follow. They set themselves apart with a forward-thinking culture that empowers their people and fosters loyal partnerships. Keeley Companies are a proud sponsor, partner, and super fan of the Live Inspired Podcast. Learn more about Keeley Companies.
JAY FANTOM'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
- Q. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
A. Apart from the Bible, Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey.
- Q. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today?
- Q. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
A. Pictures of my German Shepard dogs Joy and Missy.
- Q. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
A. King Leonidas or Jesus.
- Q. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
A. Don’t compromise your integrity for anything because your integrity is everything.
- Q. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self?
A. Don’t give up. It’s going to be okay.
- Q. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?
A. He gave God all the glory and he didn’t give up.