John O’Leary welcomes Jeff Henderson 0nto the Live Inspired Podcast to discuss taking the next right step when faced with uncertainty.
Recently named by Forbes Magazine as one of twenty speakers you shouldn’t miss, Jeff Henderson is an expert at taking the next right step when life is uncertain.
After leaving his marketing position at Chick-fil-A to start a church and nonprofit, and leaving his non-profit in the midst of a global pandemic, Jeff recognizes that navigating what’s next in life–whether in your career, personal life, or relationships–often brings a level of uncertainty and anxiety.
Today, Jeff shares the difference between success and excellence and outlines how to reduce the risk yet not be bounded by fear in a season of change.
If you or someone you love is facing uncertainty and not sure what to do next, this conversation is for you.
- Full of exuberance, Jeff’s mom taught him the importance of focusing on relationships with God and family.
- Watch Jeff’s mom meeting Tim Tebow here.
- I see you. I love you. I believe in you. Jeff cherishes the time he traveled with his dad in high school speaking with youth groups.
- “You don’t have to figure out the rest of your life. You just have to figure out your next step.”
- The difference between success and excellence: Jeff shares examples of Chik-fil-A and Tiger Woods not competing against their competition but their potential.
- “Purpose and profit travel together.”
- In helping others through tragedy, Jeff encourages us to be present and proactive.
- Your life moves to a better place when you move at a sustainable pace.
- The best gift we can give the people in our world is the best versions of us.
- Watch Jeff’s forgiveness sermon featuring Louis Zamperini here.
- During a season of change, Jeff seeks to reduce the risk yet not be bound by the fear.
- Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
- Get a copy of Jeff Henderson’s book What to Do Next here.
Did you enjoy today’s episode?
You’ll love my conversation with Judith Shulevitz. As a society, we’ve put such an emphasis on work and being busy. In our conversation, Judith reminds us of the importance of Sabbath, what “Sabbath” is and what it means in all of our lives – regardless of our faith background – and the challenge to build pause into your week, nourish your community and be reminded that you are so much more than what you do. Listen to Judith Shulevitz on ep. 140.
About our sponsor: Keeley Companies wholeheartedly believes that if you get the people right -the results will follow. They set themselves apart with a forward-thinking culture that empowers their people and fosters loyal partnerships. Keeley Companies are a proud sponsor, partner, and super fan of the Live Inspired Podcast. Learn more about Keeley Companies.
JENNA KUTCHER'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
- Q. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
A. Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert.
- Q. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today?
- Q. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
A. My memory cards with all my photos.
- Q. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
A. My grandma.
- Q. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
A. “Don’t take crap from anyone.”
- Q. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self?
A. Trust the path and let it unfold.
- Q. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?
A. She lived fully and made a difference.