John O’Leary welcomes singer/songwriter Jeremy Camp + his wife Adrienne Camp to share about finding strength amidst heartbreak and uncertainity on the Live Inspired Podcast.
Grammy-nominated singer/songwriter Jeremy Camp is one of the most successful artists in Christian music with forty #1 radio hits. Today, he is joined by his wife + fellow singer/songwriter Adrienne Camp as they share how they’ve found strength during life’s greatest heartbreaks.
They share how their faith has provided guidance through the unusual circumstances of 2020, why Adrienne encourages Jeremy to share about his first wife’s battle with ovarian cancer and the important role of transparency in their marriage.
If you’re seeking an honest perspective on how to face uncertainty with strength, optimism and hope, this episode is for you.
Subscribe & listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, iHeartRadio or listen here:
- Whatever May Come: “When the rug gets pulled out from underneath us, as Christians we turn to God and as musicians we turn to music.” Listen to Whatever May Come here.
- “Through anything I face, running to the feet of Jesus brings healing.” – Jeremy Camp
- Adrienne grew up in a small South African town where her dad started a small multi-racial Christian school, the first of its kind at the time.
- Jeremy’s younger brother was born with Down syndrome and taught him how to love wholeheartedly.
- While his first love was sports, Jeremy’s dad taught him a few chords on the guitar which ignited his love for music. Learning the song Set Me Free helped him rediscover his love for God.
- Just months after getting married, Jeremy’s first wife Melissa died of ovarian cancer at just 21 years old.
- “If I die from this cancer and one person gives their life to Jesus and their life is changed because what I’ve gone through, it’s all worth it.” – Melissa Camp
- When she first met Jeremy, Adrienne admired how his unwavering + authentic faith when sharing about Melissa + her battle. After they became deeply connected, Adrienne never wanted to stand in the way of Jeremy sharing God’s message of hope.
- Adrienne shares that it’s during life’s greatest heartbreaks where she feels closest with God and finds comfort in scripture.
- I’ll be with you during hard times. During the hopelessness of today, Jeremy + Adrienne are even more inspired to share the hope of Jesus.
- Long suffering: During Melissa’s tumultuous battle with ovarian cancer, Jeremy wrote the emotional + raw song I Still Believe as part of his healing process. Watch the music video here.
- Jeremy + Adrienne Camp inspire others to live a life with transparency within beautiful brokenness while turning to God.
- Just days before the pandemic, I Still Believe was released in theaters which shares the story of Jeremy + his first wife Melissa’s battle with cancer.
- Find where to watch I Still Believe here.
- Get a copy of Adrienne Camp’s children’s book Even Me here.
About our sponsor: Keeley Companies wholeheartedly believes that if you get the people right -the results will follow. They set themselves apart with a forward-thinking culture that empowers their people and fosters loyal partnerships. Keeley Companies are a proud sponsor, partner, and super fan of the Live Inspired Podcast. Learn more about Keeley Companies.
My new book IN AWE is now available… and became an instant bestseller! Learn how to rediscover your childlike sense of wonder to unleash inspiration, meaning and joy. Visit ReadInAwe.com today!
JEREMY + ADRIENNE CAMP'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
- Q. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
A. Adrienne: Anything from Ravi Zacharias because he’s good at asking the hard questions and coming up with good answers.
- Q. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today?
A. Jeremy: Courage and fearless.
- Q. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
A. Adrienne: Passports.
- Q. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
A. Jeremy: Besides Adrienne, David from the Bible and ask him, “what brought you to be a man after God’s heart and how did you get so distracted?”
- Q. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
A. Adrienne: Humility breeds healthy relationships.
- Q. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self?
A. Jeremy: Just know that all things work out to good, even if it seems like the darkest hour. Just endure.
- Q. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?
A. Adrienne: She gave everything she had. Jeremy: He was wholehearted in everything that they did.