John O’Leary welcomes Jim McCloskey, innocence pioneer and founder of Centurion Ministries to the Live Inspired Podcast.
Jim McCloskey founded Centurion Ministries, the first organization devoted to exonerating wrongfully convicted prisoners serving life sentences or sentenced to death. Jim has helped free 65 innocent people.
Today, Jim shares how his path was first one of destruction, followed by redemption and only then was he able to begin his amazing, life-giving work.
Tune in for Jim’s awe-inspiring reflections on the emotional responses from his clients. In hearing his telling of the laborious process of re-investigating cases, you will be reminded of the value of hope and sacrifice.
Don’t miss my conversation with this dedicated advocate for justice.
Never miss an episode. Subscribe to the Live Inspired Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play or iHeartRadio.
- The National Registry of Exonerations tracks over 2,800 cases of individuals who were wrongly convicted of crimes, based on new evidence.
- Centurion Ministries has taken on over 80 cases, freeing 66 people. Collectively, these individuals have served 1,488 years in prison.
- When Jim’s mother contracted polio in 1947, his father modeled the importance of responding to adversity with love, loyalty and devotion.
- Six hours a week, Jim would visit inmates at New Jersey’s Trenton State Prison as a requirement for seminary.
- Do you believe I’m innocent? With no legal or investigative training, Jim worked for three years to free Jorge de los Santos from prison after presenting new evidence.
- Learn more about Centurion Ministries here.
- Get a copy of Jim McCloskey’s When Truth Is All You Have here.
About our sponsor: Keeley Companies wholeheartedly believes that if you get the people right -the results will follow. They set themselves apart with a forward-thinking culture that empowers their people and fosters loyal partnerships. Keeley Companies are a proud sponsor, partner, and super fan of the Live Inspired Podcast. Learn more about Keeley Companies.
JIM MCCLOSKEY'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
- Q. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
A. We Were Soldiers Once... and Young by Lt. Gen. Harold Moore.
- Q. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today?
A. Courage to stand against the group.
- Q. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
A. the Bible.
- Q. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
A. Abraham Lincoln.
- Q. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
A. My dad told us to always be honest and always be prepared.
- Q. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self?
A. Be your own man.
- Q. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?
A. Micah 6:8 What the Lord requires from you: to do justice, embrace faithful love, and walk humbly with your God.