John O’Leary welcomes Kushal Choksi to the Live Inspired Podcast to share his journey with spirituality and where he ultimately found peace.
After narrowly escaping the devastation of 9/11, Kushal Choksi recognized he had been so consumed in pursuing the “American dream” that he had forgotten to pursue his own.
From being a Wall Street trader immersed in the material world, Kushal embarked on a quest to find answers to life’s biggest questions.
Today, hear Kushal share how he explored his doubts with spirituality, the peace he ultimately found and what it means for you.
Subscribe & listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, iHeartRadio or listen here:
- Kushal grew up in a densely populated small town in India where he could drive a bike from one side to the other in 20 minutes.
- Beautiful balance: He admired his dad’s razor-sharp intellect and refreshing happiness.
- For the first time since being in America, Kushal witnessed fear on 9/11.
- Ecclesiastes 12:8: “Meaningless! Meaningless!” says the Teacher. “Everything is meaningless!”
- While initially uncertain, Kushal began practicing SKY breathing with spiritual leader Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.
- SKY Breathing: Uses the natural rhythms in our breath to harmonize the different functions in our system including perception, cognition, intellect, physical and memory.
- “To move forward in life, one must use the mind. To move inward one must drop the mind.” – Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- “Effort is the key in the relative. Effortlessness is the key to the absolute.” – Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- “You need not be afraid of losing control because you had none to lose.”
If you enjoyed today’s episode… You’ll love hearing from Jeanne Celestine Lakin. As a survivor of the Rwandan Genocide, Jeanne reminds us that we all have the power to choose forgiveness, leave a legacy of peace and move forward. Listen to ep. 346 now.
About our sponsor: Keeley Companies wholeheartedly believes that if you get the people right -the results will follow. They set themselves apart with a forward-thinking culture that empowers their people and fosters loyal partnerships. Keeley Companies are a proud sponsor, partner, and super fan of the Live Inspired Podcast. Learn more about Keeley Companies.
Did you enjoy today’s episode? Subscribe, rate + review on Apple Podcasts!
Live Inspired with John daily on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram+ get his Monday Motivation email.
KUSHAL CHOKSI'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
- Q. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
- Q. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today?
A. Being naturally free.
- Q. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
A. My six-string guitar.
- Q. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
A. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.
- Q. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
A. Take life as a game. Enjoy the journey.
- Q. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self?
A. Enjoy the journey.
- Q. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?
A. He lived a very content and happy life.