Addiction and cancer threatened her life. Grace and endurance gave it back.
In a world where the media frequently love to buy, sell, trade and speak in fear, Teri realizes and honors that the human spirit is powered by hope and starved for inspiration.
She has made it her life’s work to be a pillar of hope and she has already done so by being: an iron man, author, triathlete, cancer survivor and sober for more than 20 years.
From our time with Teri, you will be reminded that life is full of good people. Appearances are deceiving. Belief in self-matters. Odds are overrated. “God winks” exist.
- God wink – [n.] a phrase Teri coined meaning, inspired moments in which God aligns your life in ways you could never imagine.
- Get your copy of Teri’s book Powered by Hope here.
- See Teri’s inspiring journey to Ironman Hawaii on this video.
- Check out Teri’s nonprofit Powered by Hope.
The LIVE INSPIRED 7 segment is a series of 7 questions, shared “rapid fire” and answered boldly (without prep!) by our guests. My hope is to leave you reflecting on our guest’s answers and YOUR answers… and excited to apply ideas from today’s show to help you live an inspired life.
Teri Griege’s Live Inspired 7
1. What is the best book you ever read?
Your book! John O’Leary’s book: ON FIRE: The 7 Choices to Ignite a Radically Inspired Life
2. Tomorrow you discover your wealthy uncle shockingly dies at the age of 103; leaving you millions. What would you do?
I would take care of my family and give it to my charity – Powered by Hope; and so many other charities. I never want to say no! There are so many people doing good out there.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
Grandma Ida. She was the most giving, strong, kind individual. She died at 102. She died six months short of living in three centuries. Amazing woman.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
Take it one day at a time.
6. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself at age 20?
Everything is going to be okay.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?
She left the world a better place.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, subscribe, rate and review this podcast on Apple Podcasts or on the player below! I can’t wait to see you here next Thursday! Until then, remember: Today is your day. Live Inspired.