Your Personal Brand and How You Fascinate
What are your qualities that people are most attracted to? What makes you intrinsically you?
Sally Hogshead, author of Fascinate: How to Make Your Brand Impossible to Resist, was in a car accident as a girl. The resulting damage to her face left her feeling that her “smile had turned into a grimace.” As an extrovert who connected through her smile, this left her insecure and unsure how to connect with others.
Sally has come a long way in the 30 years since the accident, but it’s still at the hear of the work she does: “Its a gift to get to share with other people what their best gifts are so that no one feels insecure.”
Sally shares her expertise with with major brands and teams like Nike, Ikea and Target. Today, she shares with us so that we can identify our best qualities (and those of our businesses) so we can better connect with others and live inspired.
Subscribe & listen on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, iHeartRadio or listen here:
- Aspire to be the best YOU; not compared to others.
- When you put time into your natural gifts (v. spending time improving weaknesses), you make extraordinary leaps.
- You don’t have to be perfect at everything, but know that you are extraordinary at something.
- We’re taught it’s good to be the smart or funny one, but theres not a one-size fits all. There are lots of way to succeed.
- High performers identify and focus on delivering in their strength and turn it into a specialty.
- Brilliance comes in many forms.
- When we don’t know ourselves at our best, we aren’t able to reach our full potential.
- You’ll never succeed by being quiet or playing small.
- Check out Sally’s blog post about her dad here.
- Most of us don’t talk about the bad stuff. But its healthy to realize that scars aren’t the end of it; are often the best of it.
- Tool to overcome a challenging time: Ask yourself “Why is this the best thing could happen?”Ex: If your child doesn’t make the play – “Now thers more time to pursue a different passion and your can always prep more next time.”
- Being in a job/relationship/scenario you don’t like isn’t your fault, but you have to work to find options to change it.
- You can’t plan out the whole thing. There is some risk in all success.
- The universe provides we don’t know what the journey is while we’re in the middle of it.
- It’s so important to tell the people we love that we love them; tell them how significant they are.
- Take Sally’s Fascination Assessment to find out how other people see you at your best + to become more of who you are. Use code: liveinspired
- Call out when people are at their best and then help them focus on doing more of that: Be themselves on purpose.
- It’s easy to get to a place of self judgement if you don’t have a bigger vision that is more important than the insecurity you see in the mirror.
Sally Hogshead’s Live Inspired 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? Jonathan Living Seagull, by Richard Bach. It made me feel that all things are possible
2. Tomorrow you discover your wealthy uncle shockingly dies at the age of 103; leaving you millions. I wouldn’t quit working – it far transcends money for me.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. The printed marriage proposal from my husband framed in my bedroom.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? I like talking with you!
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? You don’t have to change who you are, you just have to become more of who you are.
6. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself at age 20? Floss more. Joy and passion and spontaneity are good, but so is thoughtfully planning for the future.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? The greatest difference that you can make is to become more of yourself.
If you enjoyed today’s episode: Subscribe (automatically get new episodes), rate & review (help spread the word!) this podcast.
I can’t wait to see you here next Thursday for the start of Season 5! Today is your day. Live Inspired.
Live Inspired with John every day on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest and get his Monday Motivation email: www.JohnOLearyInspires.com/Monday-Morning
Thanks for being here. Thanks for being part of the movement to live inspired and touch lives along the way. If you ever have questions or ideas – please share them at email@example.com.
Leave a Reply