“When you accept the worst case scenario, it has no power over you.”
Hal Elrod, international bestselling author of The Miracle Morning, established a miracle equation that helped him overcome two near-death experiences + build a highly successful business.
Hear Hal’s amazing story and how to apply his equation so you can “divide odds and create miracles in your marriage, business and life.” Now THAT sounds like living inspired! Join us.
- Hal’s book The Miracle Morning has sold 600,000+ copies
- The Miracle Morning documentary is coming soon!
- “Take an adversity + turn it into an advantage by helping other people with it.”
- At 20, he was hit by a drunk driver and not expected to walk. “When you accept the worst case scenario, it has no power over you. I thought, I’ll be the most grateful human you’ve ever met in a wheelchair, because I’m in one either way. Putting energy into wishing it wasn’t so would be futile.”
- Hal’s Miracle Equation [to divide odds + create miracles in marriage, business, life] = maintain unwavering faith + extraordinary effort in every moment, of every day
- Often when we have obstacles, the first thing we lose is faith that it’s possible.
- When you lose faith, effort + drive go out the window.
- The ABCs of Taking Life Head On:
- Accept things you can’t change. Set a timer for 5 mins. to feel the emotions. When it goes off, say “I can’t change it.” Any negative emotion after is self-created.
- Be grateful for everything. Why wait for the future to realize that every adversity can serve us if we learn from it?
- Create progress daily towards the life of your dreams.
- The question Hal asked himself while battling cancer. What matters most: In my healing journey? In being the best husband? The best father? Overall in life?
- Value health over productivity. What do you value more, your health or your productivity? Does your schedule reflect this?
- Hear John on Hal’s Achieve Your Goals Podcast here.
HAL ELROD’S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? Conversations with God by Neal Donald Walsch.
2. Tomorrow you discover your wealthy uncle shockingly dies at the age of 103; leaving you millions. What would you do with it? I would donate a minimum of 50% to charity. I just started a non-profit called support the unsupported and I would put some percentage to that also. I would take a percentage for retirement and fun.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? My computer without hesitation.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? My wife, Ursula.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? Do the right thing, not the easy thing.
6. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself at age 20? Everything is going to work out for the best.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? He elevated the consciousness of humanity.
If you enjoyed today’s episode: Subscribe (automatically get new episodes), rate & review (help spread the word!) this podcast wherever you get your podcasts.
I can’t wait to see you here next Thursday! Today is your day. Live Inspired.