“When God takes something away, He gives a double dose of something else.”
Tommy Spaulding jokes that he had a 4.0 – only if you add his high school + college GPAs together. His dream was to become a lawyer, but he was rejected by the 30 law schools to which he applied.
Fast forward: This once, less-than-stellar student is now a bestselling author and his “failed dream” led him directly to the successful career he has today.
Don’t miss Tommy’s amazing story! He helps clients like Starbucks + General Electric leverage their “double dose,” grow deeper relationships and succeed in work + life. Today, he will help us do the same. Join us!
Subscribe & listen on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, iHeartRadio or listen here:
- At the end of the day, ask: Who did I bless? Who did I help?
- “When God takes something away, he gives you a double dose of something else.”
- Tommy’s book It’s Not Just Who You Know – challenges corporate America to focus on relationships, not transactions.
- Tommy’s 2nd bestselling book The Heart-Led Leader – shows readers how + why we must bring love to the workplace.
- Leaders must be vulnerable, humble, generous, transparent.
- Go beyond “NSW (news, sports, weather) relationships.”
- We’re called to build deeper, more meaningful relationships.
- Tommy’s life lesson from his grandpa’s final words: “Don’t tell me you love me, show me you love me.”
- “There are two types of people. Self-serving or servant leaders.
- Which are you? Would your family + colleagues agree?
- Forget networking, and net give. Meet people + serve them first.
- “5% of the population are the critics and the crazies; don’t let them steal your joy. Lead and love the 95%.”
- Tommy’s failed dream of becoming a lawyer led him directly to the successful career he has today. Listen to hear the amazing story!
TOMMY SPAULDING’S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? Fearless by Eric Blehm.
2. Tomorrow you discover your wealthy uncle shockingly dies at the age of 103; leaving you millions. What would you do with it? I would make sure my kid’s college was taken care of and then set up a foundation to give the rest away.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? A signed 1976 New York Yankees baseball.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? Abraham Lincoln or Jesus. Maybe both. That would be a great conversation.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? Marriage is not 50/50. It’s giving 100% of yourself + not expecting anything in return.
6. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself at age 20? You’re going to get kicked down and punched in the face. There are going to be critics and crazies. Focus on the 95%.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? Well done, my good and faithful servant.
If you enjoyed today’s episode: Subscribe (automatically get new episodes), rate & review (help spread the word!) this podcast wherever you get your podcasts.
I can’t wait to see you here next Thursday! Today is your day. Live Inspired.
Live Inspired with John every day on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram and get his Monday Motivation email: www.JohnOLearyInspires.com/Monday-Morning
1 reply on “Live Inspired Podcast: S7 | Ep. 78 Tommy Spaulding, New York Times Bestselling Author”
I am speechless!!!! All I can say is WOW! Thank you for bringing the podcast to life!