Mel Robbins is the author of The 5 Second Rule, the #1 audio book in the world. She is also the most booked female speaker and hosts the Audible Original series Kick Ass With Mel Robbins.
Today, Mel Robbins shares how millions of people have transformed their lives by using her 5-second rule. Even more amazing, she shares how it originated (as a tool to help her overcome the anxiety and malaise that were crushing her life).
Today, Mel Robbins is ON FIRE and is offering a simple tool that will help us all live more inspired. Don’t miss this amazing episode.
- Get your copy of The 5 Second Rule here.
- Check out the Audible Original Series Kick Ass with Mel Robbins here.
- “Break the patterns that you think in and your entire life will change.” – Mel Robbins
- The 5-second rule is a ritual to interrupt your bad thoughts, habits and patterns. It’s a way to self coach.
- Try the 5-second rule to see “not just how often you live in a negative mental state, but how easy it is to redirect it.”
- There is a distinct gap between your will to change your life + the excuses that stop you. That gap is about five seconds long.
- Being nervous or afraid of something is normal. Letting it stop you is a choice.
- You are one decision away from a totally different life.
- Everything is changing around us. You can’t control that. You can control what you think and do. Respond instead of react.
- We over-complicate things by the way that we think.
- It’s undeniable; you change your life 5 seconds at a time.
MEL ROBBIN’S LIVE INSPIRED 7
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? I was a climber, a dare devil. I am not that way anymore. I’m a bit risk averse now.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? Oprah Winfrey. If there was just one thing that you wanted every human being to know about life, what would it be?
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? 5 4 3 2 1. I think it was a divine moment when I was picked to be a messenger, because, let’s be honest, its the dumbest idea in the world.
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? Girl, go get some Zoloft!
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? 5 4 3 2 1, go!
If you like the podcast, you will love Live Inspired IN STUDIO, my membership community where like-minded friends come together via live webcast once a month to live inspired. Registration opens soon for a very limited time. Join the waitlist here.
Subscribe, rate & review the podcast wherever you get your podcasts. See you next Thursday morning!