Multi-platinum country star Sara Evans joins John O’Leary on the Live Inspired Podcast to share the inspiration behind her iconic songs + how her childhood shaped her life.
Sara Evans is a fan-favorite, multi-platinum country artist with hits like Born to Fly and Suds in the Bucket spanning decades.
Today, Sara shares about her simple, idyllic childhood on her family’s tobacco farm, a tragic accident that grew her faith and a look behind-the-scenes at the inspiration for her new book and her most iconic songs. Her genuine and resilient spirit will leave you inspired.
Subscribe & listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, iHeartRadio or listen here:
- Sara grew up on her family’s tobacco farm in the rural Missouri town of New Franklin where she describes her childhood as idyllic yet simple
- “Family is the most important thing in the world, besides a relationship with God.”
- Understanding God’s protection: At 8 years old, Sara was struck by a car, thrown 80 feet and suffered multiple broken bones and head trauma.
- As a mom, Sara made sacrifices in her career to be present in her children’s life including not missing a Friday night football game of her son’s.
- “Whenever possible, put your family first.”
- Her song Letting You Go was written about watching her oldest son, who now plays guitar in her band, grow into an adult.
- Sara credits her resiliency to her relationship with God and standing up for her beliefs while still showing love.
- Watch Sara Evan’s Born to Fly and Suds in the Bucket videos.
- Get Sara Evans’ book Born to Fly.
About our sponsor: Keeley Companies wholeheartedly believes that if you get the people right -the results will follow. They set themselves apart with a forward-thinking culture that empowers their people and fosters loyal partnerships. Keeley Companies are a proud sponsor, partner, and super fan of the Live Inspired Podcast. Learn more about Keeley Companies.
My new book IN AWE is now available… and became an instant bestseller! Learn how to rediscover your childlike sense of wonder to unleash inspiration, meaning and joy. Visit ReadInAwe.com today!
SARA EVANS' LIVE INSPIRED 7
- Q. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
A. East of Eden by John Steinbeck.
- Q. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today?
A. More optimism.
- Q. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
A. My cellphone because it's my connection to my family.
- Q. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
A. My Granny.
- Q. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
A. My mom was the perfect example of hardworking.
- Q. Be more careful with your heart.
A. Be more careful with your heart.
- Q. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?
A. There is nothing greater in the world, and nothing more true, than the love a mother has for her children.