‘Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta’ star Lori Allen joins John O’Leary on the Live Inspired Podcast to share about owning Bridals by Lori for four decades, breast cancer and why she thinks marriages during the COVID-19 pandemic are among the strongest.
Lori Allen is one of the world’s foremost experts on bridal couture and the central figure of TLC’s longstanding reality show Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta.
Today, Lori shares about owning Bridals by Lori for four decades, overcoming breast cancer and why she thinks marriages during the COVID-19 pandemic are among the strongest she’s ever seen.
Subscribe & listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, iHeartRadio or listen here:
- Growing up, Lori parents instilled strength, selflessness and self-sufficiency which created security.
- God’s grace and Elmer’s glue: In their 4 decades together, Lori and her husband Eddie have become a better team by dealing with life’s challenges.
- Bridals by Lori: Inspired by her Aunt June, Lori has grown her own bridal shop by having an open mind + always looking to improve.
- “When you sit still, you fad away.”
- “We gotta start loving ourselves.” Lori shares the importance of taking care + living ourselves both internally + externally.
- As an empty nester, Lori has learned the importance of rediscovering what your personal passions are + reconnecting with your partner to fully enjoy the later years of life.
- In the 4 decades of working with brides, Lori feels fulfilled by giving brides a sliver of hope + joy, no matter their circumstances.
- “These are some of the most strong marriages I’ve ever seen.” – Lori referring the weddings during a global pandemic
- Get a copy of Lori Allen’s book Say Yes to What’s Next.
LORI ALLEN’S LIVE INSPIRED 7
- What is the best book you’ve ever read? Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens.
- What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? I was more fearless. I’m a bit more reserved today.
- Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? My wedding pictures.
- You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? God. And I have a lot of questions!
- What is the best advice you’ve ever received? My dad: You got this.
- What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? Be a little kinder to yourself + relax a little bit more.
- It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? She loved her life. She never gave up. She did her best.
My new book IN AWE is now available… and became an instant bestseller! Learn how to rediscover your childlike sense of wonder to unleash inspiration, meaning and joy. Visit ReadInAwe.com today!
Did you enjoy today’s episode? Subscribe, rate + review on Apple Podcasts!