John O’Leary welcomes Many Hands for Haiti founder Tim Brand to the Live Inspired Podcast to remind us of the transformative power we possess when we work together.
Headlines often leave us feeling overwhelmed and like we can’t make a positive impact. Today’s guest reminds us that we can absolutely make a transformative impact through love in action.
Tim Brand founded Many Hands for Haiti after a life-changing mission trip to the small, tropical country. A decade later, they’ve served 7.5 million meals, educated 1,200 children, constructed 990 safe homes… and so much more.
His strategy focuses on six key elements in order to bring about lasting change:
- leadership development
- agronomy (soil management and crop production)
- safe homes
- medical assistance
- economic development
Don’t miss this conversation. It will inspire you to join me in supporting this organization that is caring for our neighbors after yet another devastating earthquake again this month.
Never miss an episode. Subscribe to the Live Inspired Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play or iHeartRadio.
- If you didn’t grow up with a strong foundation, are you going to be that for your family and those in your community?
- At 18 years old, Tim planned his first mission trip to Haiti after being inspired by his dad. There he felt unconditional love, grace and forgiveness and learned to let God guide him.
- Reverse Offering: With $100 offered by his church in 2004, Tim raised $15,000 to build a school in Haiti.
- After an infliction point, Tim quit his corporate job, made numerous sacrifices and wrote a $10,000 check to build a school, freeing him of his chains of processions.
- Whatever talents you have, you are called to multiply them.
- Sometimes you have to let go to receive.
- “Transform together through love and action.”
- “We hold that dream until they can hold that dream for themselves.”
- Love in Action: Jerry + his grandmother are proof that by strengthening familial + community bonds, long-term sustainable change is happening.
- To learn more about Many Hands for Haiti and offer your support, click here.
About our sponsor: Keeley Companies wholeheartedly believes that if you get the people right -the results will follow. They set themselves apart with a forward-thinking culture that empowers their people and fosters loyal partnerships. Keeley Companies are a proud sponsor, partner, and super fan of the Live Inspired Podcast. Learn more about Keeley Companies.
TIM BRAND'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
- Q. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
A. Outside the Bible, Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin.
- Q. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today?
A. A dreamer.
- Q. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
A. My Bible.
- Q. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
A. Paul the Apostle.
- Q. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
A. Never burn a relationship.
- Q. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self?
A. You don't always have to experience something to learn. Forgive yourself.
- Q. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?
A. Fully surrendered to dream God dreams to serve the world.