Comedian Trey Kennedy joins John O’Leary on the Live Inspired Podcast to share some much-needed reprieve from the negative headlines + mounting stress.
We’ve all heard laughter is the best medicine, and according to Forbes, laughing has science-based benefits that stimulate healing, strengthen relationships and promote brain activity.
As we’re facing headwinds of divisiveness, negative headlines and mounting stress, comedian Trey Kennedy brings some much-needed reprieve.
You may be familiar with his tasteful humor + poignant parodies like “couples during quarantine”, “millennials at a hardware store” and “moms pre-pandemic” that have earned tens of millions of video views. Making some of today’s struggles relatable + humorous, Trey reminds us not to take ourselves so seriously that we cannot find joy in the moment.
Today’s episode is sure to uplift as Trey shares how his career exploded as a social media sensation, what inspires his humor and his pride in delivering clean laughter that can be enjoyed by all.
Subscribe & listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, iHeartRadio or listen here:
- Sometimes shy + reserved, Trey has gained confidence through his humor.
- Getting his start on the now-defunct video-based social media app Vine, Trey has spent a decade creating content for over eight million online followers.
- After going “viral”, Trey was turned down for numerous social media + marketing positions, inspiring him to focus on his own brand.
- John 3:30: He must increase, but I must decrease.
- Do less. God bless. In his personal + professional life, Trey prioritizes quality over quantity.
- Watch some of Trey’s most recognized videos:
- Follow Trey Kennedy on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter + YouTube.
- Listen to Trey Kennedy’s Correct Opinions and Do Less God Bless podcasts here.
TREY KENNEDY’S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? Abba’s Child by Brennan Manning.
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? Stressless joy.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? When I was 18 years old, my mom gifted me with journals she had been writing the details of my life.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? Professionally Steven Martin. Relationally Brennan Manning.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? My dad always told me to do my best and have fun.
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? Believe in yourself + be confident.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? He was a guy who didn’t seek his own glory. He just wanted to provide joy to those around him.
About our sponsor: Keeley Companies wholeheartedly believes that if you get the people right -the results will follow. They set themselves apart with a forward-thinking culture that empowers their people and fosters loyal partnerships. Keeley Companies are a proud sponsor, partner, and super fan of the Live Inspired Podcast. Learn more about Keeley Companies.
My new book IN AWE is now available… and became an instant bestseller! Learn how to rediscover your childlike sense of wonder to unleash inspiration, meaning and joy. Visit ReadInAwe.com today!
Did you enjoy today’s episode? Subscribe, rate + review on Apple Podcasts!