Willie Robertson of Duck Dynasty joins John O’Leary on the Live Inspired Podcast to discuss faith, family, redemption and more.
Willie Robertson is a remarkable example of entrepreneurship and dedication built on hard work, faith, and family.
Serving as CEO of Duck Commander and Buck Commander and star of A&E’s Duck Dynasty, Willie has expanded his family companies from a living room operation to a multi-million-dollar enterprise and destination for all things outdoors.
Today, Willie shares how his father Phil overcame the shadows of his past to achieve an unexpected redemption, their journey from profoundly humble beginning to building a corporate empire built on faith and family, and so much more.
My friends, whether you’re familiar with the Duck Dynasty family or not, you’ll love this humorous and redemptive conversation.
- “Have my dad not changed his life, literally going forward, which is close to 50 years now, nothing would have played out the same.”
- Earlier this fall, Willie was part of the production team of The Blind, a movie about this father Phil’s life as he seeks to conquer the shame of his past, ultimately finding redemption in an unlikely place. Learn more about The Blind.
- In addition to working for Duck Commander, Phil’s first jobs included selling fish with his mom, being a bubble gum distributor at school and selling worms to fishermen.
- “When Mom and Dad became believers, our life totally changed.”
- Although his parents couldn’t afford to send them to a Christian summer camp, his mom traded working in the kitchen for Willie and his siblings to attend. It’s at that camp he met his wife Korie. They’ve been married over 30 years and have six children.
- Learn more about Willie and the Duck Commander family here.
Did you enjoy today’s episode?
You’ll love our Entrepreneur playlist. Discover invaluable insights and inspiring lessons from former Starbuck’s president Howard Behar, Netflix co-founder Marc Randolph, Hint Water CEO Kara Goldin… and more. Listen to the Entrepreneur playlist now.
About our sponsor: Keeley Companies wholeheartedly believes that if you get the people right -the results will follow. They set themselves apart with a forward-thinking culture that empowers their people and fosters loyal partnerships. Keeley Companies are a proud sponsor, partner, and super fan of the Live Inspired Podcast. Learn more about Keeley Companies.
WILLIE ROBERTSON'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
- Q. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
A. The Bible, specifically the Book of Acts.
- Q. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today?
- Q. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
A. One specific Bible.
- Q. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
A. The Apostle Peter but I'm afraid the line will be long so Philip.
- Q. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
A. Give more than you take.
- Q. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self?
A. Be patient. It's a long road.
- Q. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?
A. Gospeller. Gospeller means one who shares their faith, either publicly or personally.