Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podcast host Zibby Owens joins John O’Leary on the Live Inspired Podcast.
Zibby Owens is the host of Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podcast and founder of Zibby Owens Media, a privately-held media company designed to help busy people live their best lives by connecting to books and each other.
Today, Zibby reveals the loves and losses that have shaped her life and what it means to truly find your place in the world.
With infectious energy, tasteful authenticity and steadfast support, Zibby reminds us that wherever you are in life, you haven’t missed the boat and today is the day to take the next right step.
Subscribe & listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, iHeartRadio, or listen here:
- As a quiet child, Zibby turned to writing to process her thoughts and feelings.
- The first book to release Zibby’s raw sensitivity was Charlotte’s Web.
- While at Yale, Zibby became best friends with Stacey Sanders. After Stacey died without leaving a trace on 9/11, Zibby was changed profoundly.
- Reeling from Stacey’s death, Harvard Business School Dean Steve Nelson helped connect Zibby with much-needed education and emotional support.
- As a stay-at-home mom to four, Zibby felt “like an injured athlete”, overwhelmed yet still full of passion.
- Zibby has learned to be more observational in her life, find glimpses of humor and try her best each day.
- Divorce pain: “The hole in my heart wasn’t closing. Nothing was helping as I wandered past the kid’s empty bedrooms on those quiet nights when they were gone. I would stop occasionally to sit with the stuffed animals on my son’s armchair and just cry in the dark.”
- “With a good book, you’ll never be lonely.”
- By filling life with purpose, Zibby was able to find her own voice.
- Read Zibby’s article A Mother’s Right to Sanity here.
Did you enjoy today’s episode? You’ll love our Family Road Trip Playlist!
Enjoy a curated selection of family-friendly Live Inspired Podcast guests including comic Sebastian Maniscalco, Grammy-winner Lauren Daigle, Olympic medalist Jackie Joyner-Kersee, and so many more. With this much inspiration, no one will be asking, “are we there yet!?” Listen to the Family Road Trip Playlist here.
About our sponsor: Keeley Companies wholeheartedly believes that if you get the people right -the results will follow. They set themselves apart with a forward-thinking culture that empowers their people and fosters loyal partnerships. Keeley Companies are a proud sponsor, partner, and super fan of the Live Inspired Podcast. Learn more about Keeley Companies.
ZIBBY OWENS' LIVE INSPIRED 7
- Q. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
A. Slow Motion by Dani Shapiro.
- Q. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today?
A. My cross-kick in soccer.
- Q. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
A. The biggest stack of pictures that I could.
- Q. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
A. Kyle Owen, my husband.
- Q. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
A. Don’t miss the plot.
- Q. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self?
A. One day, this all will make sense.
- Q. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?
A. I’ll figure it out.